PDA

View Full Version : MGM in Vegas....

Scottnyce
02-05-2004, 12:50 PM
Do they spread poker...? What levels? Any comp info, ie room rates?

Thanks in advance.

Homer
02-05-2004, 01:31 PM
No poker there.

Dynasty
02-05-2004, 05:45 PM
You are in walking distance of some very nice small poker rooms at Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Excalibur, and Monte Carlo. They all have 1-5 stud as well as various low-limit hold 'em games.

The Bellagio is also close enough to walk to for most people.

TrialLawyer
02-05-2004, 06:49 PM
MGM hasn't had Poker for several years (it used to be next to the Sports Book before it was revamped)

I just left MGM yesterday and I spent most of my Poker time at Orleans which is West of MGM on Tropicana, just across Hwy 15. It's a big room with 2-4, 4-8, 6-12 and often 10-20 available for Hold 'em. Each time I stopped in there were also lower limit Omaha and Stud being spread.

One feature I liked was that there are daily tournaments at 12:00 noon and 7:00 p.m. with very reasonable buy-ins.

Like most other people, I also liked the Mirage and Bellagio Poker rooms. Aside from the other rooms mentioned by others replying, I have also played at the Flamingo, which is a small room with a great staff. Flamingo seemed to draw in more inexperienced players who would call you all the way down with Ax regardless of the Board.

Good Luck and have a great Trip

Trial Lawyer