View Full Version : Two pair with three to a flush on flop

kingstalker
02-05-2004, 03:53 AM
Pokerstars 20+2 multi
I have 1300 in chips
blinds 30/60
I have /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ in the SB
Two limpers, button raises to 60,all call includeing me
The button has very loose raiseing standards as I have seen him raise with A-2 and K-J
Flop is
/images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif9
I cringed when I saw the clubs, but move in anyway, button calls with /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ and hits the flush on the river.He has 2500 in chips so he can afford to gamble.
Should I went into check-call mode here, or bet say 300 and see what happens?

kerssens
02-05-2004, 01:12 PM
I don't think check call mode is ever a good play, I think you did the right think by moving in and just got outdrawn on the river...he had at best 8 outs......if you wanted an alternate play a check raise would be possible but that would give anybody with a club left in the hand the possibility to outdraw you for free so I wouldn't recommend it.

Bozeman
02-05-2004, 04:15 PM
I would check out of position here often, because you may be able to tell you are beat, and get out cheap. If it gets checked around, you can drop cheaply if a club drops, otherwise probably win. If button bets, as we expect, an allin raise will put a ton of pressure on single high clubs, which is great if button will do this with a lot of hands that are behind you and have no clubs. He might even fold KsJc.

Craig