PDA

View Full Version : Does my preflop screw up say "value bet"

slavic
02-05-2004, 03:07 AM
20/40 (7 handed)good game we have a raises any ace, any two with position, and at random sitting to my right. Cold calling phenom to my left. A very tight dealer is a couple seat to my left, and everyone else is mostly normal to loose. One tricky player who likes to 3 bet flops with overcards.

I'm in EP and our lag decided to fold. I look down and see K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Well it's time to raise it baby! I grab chips flip em on the table and hear the dealer say call. Ooops 20/40 not 10/20 heh. Well here comes 5 callers and an ace on the flop. Blah.

folds to the BB who seems a bit miffed that he isn't calling a raise from an EP open.
He's a looser player and would likely call a raise to play his BB anyway.

Heads up.

Flop T /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, I bet, BB calls.

Turn : 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, I Bet, BB raises, I 3bet, BB calls

River: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks to me and I take the free showdown.

SinCityGuy
02-05-2004, 07:28 AM
Well, I'm constantly trying to overcome my weak/tight nature, but I would check behind on the river. He could have been semi-bluffing the turn with a checkraise on the 4-flush and if so, you'll get check-raised again on the river.

Once again, I'm overly weak/tight, so the better players will probably disagree here and say bet the river.

latz
02-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Bet and fold to a raise. If you know you can't fold to a raise then check behind.

bernie
02-05-2004, 11:41 AM
who was the very tight dealer?

b