PDA

View Full Version : 3 SNG hands

CrisBrown
02-05-2004, 02:42 AM
Hi All,

I wasn't going to play tonight, but couldn't sleep so I decided to play just one $33 SNG....

Hand #1 -- 5th hand of the tourney, blinds 10/20, stacks are about even. I have JJ in the CO. EP min-raises. MP calls. I call. BB calls.

Flop: A-J-6

Button checks. EP bets 40. MP calls. I raise to 240. BB folds. EP calls. MP folds. Pot = 720

Turn: [A-J-6]-9

EP bets 40. He's already min-raised twice in the first four hands, so I don't think he's on AA. Perhaps AK (I'd like that), or maybe he just likes min-raising a lot. I make it 400. EP calls. Pot = 1520.

River: [A-J-6]-9-2

EP bets 40. At this point I'm putting him on AK/AQ and I'm trying to sell the pot. I bet 500. EP calls ...

... and turns up AA.

I'm left with T500.

Hand #2: Six hands later, blinds are 15/30. I get Qd9d in UTG+1. I limp. MP limps. CO raises to 90. Folded to me and I call. MP folds. Pot = 245.

Flop: Kd Qs 4d.

I push in. CO calls and turns up KK. I catch the flush to double through.

Hand #3: Two hands later, blinds still 15/30, I'm in the BB with Ad9d. CO limps. SB raises to 90. I call. C0 calls. Pot = 285.

Flop: As Td 4d

SB checks. I bet 210. CO calls. SB pushes all-in. I muck. CO calls and turns up 44. SB has AA. I would have caught the flush.

After that I hung around, folding J2, 93, etc., with the exception of a couple of steals. Went out 8th on A8s all-in pre-flop and called by JJ.

Comments? I thought it was a bit unlucky that in the first three pots I played, I was up against either AA or KK every time, and they hit for sets every time. But that happens.

Cris

P.S. I requested my last 200 tournament summaries from PokerStars to import them into PokerTracker. It only gave me five, and the results didn't include that last one, or at least the results of the last one aren't included in my PokerTracker tournament summary section. Any ideas why? I downloaded the summary as soon as I went out, before the tourney was finished. Might that be why?

krazyace5
02-05-2004, 02:59 AM
I think you do have to wait til the tourny is completed before you can get a summary of it.

Ulysses
02-05-2004, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand #2: Six hands later, blinds are 15/30. I get Qd9d in UTG+1. I limp. MP limps. CO raises to 90. Folded to me and I call. MP folds. Pot = 245.

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting 20% of your stack in w/ Q9s. Yuck. That's why this is an easy muck in EP. With blinds at 15/30, I'll wait. If I feel like 500 chips is desperately short at this point, I'd re-raise all-in preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
Comments? I thought it was a bit unlucky that in the first three pots I played, I was up against either AA or KK every time, and they hit for sets every time. But that happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1: You take JJ v. AA. You both flop sets and on the river he check-calls w/ the nuts to leave you with chips. Unlucky?

Hand 2: You call 20% of your stack pre-flop w/ Q9. Your opponent flops a set and you double through w/ a flush. Unlucky?

Hand 3: You had A9. He had AA. As for the hand, I think you played it fine, though I might have put all my chips in on that one. Nothing wrong with mucking there, though.

You put 20% of your stack in as a 4:1 dog and the rest of it in as a 2.5:1 dog and doubled up. Unlucky isn't the word I would use. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SnowBreeze
02-05-2004, 05:22 AM
You put 20% of your stack in as a 4:1 dog and the rest of it in as a 2.5:1 dog and doubled up. Unlucky isn't the word I would use

I was also thinking about something like Fishy /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stagemusic
02-05-2004, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to say this but this has to be one of the worst plays that I have ever read from you Cris. You said you were down to T500 5 hands ago so I am going to assume that you are still at that level. So you bet $120 of your $500 on a hand that was easily dominated? Wow. Just wow. I don't give out much advice on this forum, just an opinion now and then. Even I know that hand should have hit the muck after the raise. I also know that it should never have been played in early position in the first place.

Hand #3...all in quickly but folding is fine IMO. Situational.

Not a good night for you was it? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

PrayingMantis
02-05-2004, 08:36 AM
Cris,

I think that in hand #1, *you* are the lucky one, left with some chips after a set-over-set situation. EP just calling your raise on the river is terrible! What did he think you have? He must be a very very weak player. You don't specify suits, so I assume there's no flush possibility. IMO, You should be very happy you ran into this specific guy in that situation.

Hand #2. I don't understand why you played it, but others already replied about it. I have one more thing to say, though. You say in hand #1 that EP (in that hand) "already min-raised twice in the first four hands". I assume that in hand #2 he's acting behind you. So there's (at least) one potential raise-lover to act, and besides, I have a feeling this is not a very passive table. That's a reason, IMO, to muck *much better* hands UTG+1, not to talk about Q9s.

Hand #3. With a limper before him, SB raise makes it look like he has a really strong hand, unless he's a very loose raiser. I'll suspect a big pair or a dominating ace. I'll muck my A9s here, and leave it to SB and CO. Maybe it's too tight, but I would feel very uncomfortable even if an ace falls.

Only my thoughts, and I play mainly 22$ SNG's now, though I feel it isn't much different.

PrayingMantis

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-05-2004, 09:34 AM
I wasn't going to play tonight, but couldn't sleep

Evidence of sleep-deprivation follows those words. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hand 1: On every betting round, he bets 40, you raise the pot and he calls. By the river, don't you have to ask your self, "Is he an idiot, or am I walking into a trap?" After the turn, I'd have to think that I've proved I'm not bluffing. I'm suspicious enough by the river (and there's enough in the pot) to just call his 40.

Hand 2: I try to never limp that short stacked, especially in EP. Once you do and you're raised, I think you either have to fold or reraise all-in to try to get heads up since your cards are likely live and have straight & flush potential.

Hand 3: I would've lost all my chips right there. Oh, no, wait. You said you would've made the flush. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

TheGrifter
02-05-2004, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand #3: Two hands later, blinds still 15/30, I'm in the BB with Ad9d. CO limps. SB raises to 90. I call. C0 calls. Pot = 285.

Flop: As Td 4d

SB checks. I bet 210. CO calls. SB pushes all-in. I muck. CO calls and turns up 44. SB has AA. I would have caught the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I wouldn't call a preflop raise with just an A9s, even in the BB, but since you did what were you hoping for on the flop? Outside of flopping the flush that flop is as perfect as you can get. Basically I'm asking if you weren't willing to put all your chips in with a flop like that then why play the hand at all?

You already have 30% of your stack in the middle and there's some (slight) chance that you actually already have the best hand. Even in the worst case scenario if your opponent has AA you still have outs.

It seems like the first hand might have rattled you a bit given the decisions in hands 2 & 3, losing most of your chips to a slowplayed bigger set can have that effect.

CrisBrown
02-05-2004, 10:31 AM
Hi Cris,

#1 What? By the turn it's pretty obvious that neither of you is bluffing on this hand. You don't have the best hand. Perhaps at some level you realized that and that, rather than trying to sell the hand, is why you didn't push all-in on the river. Consider yourself lucky he didn't set you all in and all out right there.

#2 Guppy play.

#3 If you're going to call a raise with Axs, you have to push in with you get top pair and a four flush. If you're not going to push in with top pair and a four flush, then don't call the raise to begin with.

Geez ... I've seen better plays in play chip games.

Cris

Kinli
02-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Cris, I'm lol.

Clearly you're not sleep-deprived anymore.

Kinli