PDA

View Full Version : PLO8 SNGs

Simon Diamond
02-05-2004, 01:14 AM
Has anyone played low buy in PLO8 SNGs anywhere apart from Poker Stars? I've got the bug, and cannot believe how poor some of the play is at the lower levels at Stars.

Opinions on other sites would be welcomed.

Simon

DougBrennan
02-05-2004, 01:45 AM
I've played a couple at UB, and cashed in one of them, so the play there must be AWFUL. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Seriously, I kind of like playing PLO8, but I don't have a clue what I'm doing, and the impression I had was that most others didn't, either.

Simon Diamond
02-05-2004, 10:24 AM
That is what I like about them, most people don't seem to have a clue what they are doing. Whilst in holdem there is still a lot of poor play at the lower levels, it is even more noticable in O8.

Moving up through the buy ins might be a different matter though.

Simon

redsimon
02-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Played in too few to be statistically valid, but generally the $10 PLO8 SNGs on Stars are 1 or 2 decent players, 2 like me, trying to learn /images/graemlins/smile.gif and the rest well prepared to put all their chips in chasing third and fourth nut hands!

GoSox
02-05-2004, 07:35 PM
I play the party O8s but they are not PL. If you are patient they are the easiest SNGs out there to place in the money. However, they are unbelievably SLOW. The average 10 person goes an hour easy, and usually well beyond that. After the first 20 or so I typically only play them if I am home alone and don't worry about interruptions.