PDA

View Full Version : JJ vs. Rocky

DiamondDave
02-04-2004, 10:59 PM
I have red jacks and open-raise from EP. It's folded to Rocky, who re-raises from the BB.

I make it four bets. He makes it 5, thereby testing negative for unpaired cards.

I call. The flop is 258 rainbow. He bets, I call. The turn is a nine. He bets, I call. The river is an ace. We both check.

Berate me.

shemp
02-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Heh heh heh.

I have a recurring nightmare about holding KK UTG and being 3 bet by Rocky from the BB. For some reason I'm not convinced he has AA until 3 turn bets go in, but I call, and then I call when an A hits the river (right before he bets I hear the sound of his boner hitting the underside of the table).

anatta
02-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Preflop, you know he has QQ-AA. If you figured that out preflop, why play on post flop? You think Rocky is five-betting TT against YOU, the tight thinking EP three-better (I am guessing on your image, but its probably accurate). On the river, I had a guy fold KK to my JJ today when an Ace came, but I considered that a miracle. If you think he will fold on the end, bet, but again that isn't happening against most players.

DiamondDave
02-04-2004, 11:31 PM
Looks like I missed a bet. I came pretty close to folding on the turn. If I were a better player, I probably wouldn't have stacked those chips.

Ulysses
02-04-2004, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
YOU, the tight thinking EP three-better (I am guessing on your image, but its probably accurate).

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you haven't been reading his recent posts. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

shemp
02-04-2004, 11:40 PM
Rocky doesn't 5bet TT, you must mean someone else.

Gabe
02-04-2004, 11:52 PM

haakee
02-05-2004, 01:02 AM
I don't think I 4-bet Rocky preflop when I raise in EP and he 3-bets me from the blinds. If his name was Potsplashy I 4-bet.

anatta
02-05-2004, 01:12 AM
I just read some of DD's posts, well one anyways, the one that has you ask, "When were you planning on slowing down w/ your tens?"...

I think this is a good example of the importance of your image when you are three bet preflop. A player might appear Rocky or Loosey or whatever (Potsplashy /images/graemlins/grin.gif) when you see him three-bet other guys, but if he is aware of your play, the real question is "What does it mean when he three-bets (or five-bets) me". I'm jealous. Rocky don't go five against me w/TT. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

shemp
02-05-2004, 01:15 AM
I'm sorry. Rocky doesn't go 5 bets with anyone. He fastens his seatbelt and gets ready to go to the river against a goofball who he knows he should 3-bet but hates doing it and seeing an Ace. This wasn't Rocky, I've played with him.