PDA

View Full Version : Two Party Pocket Pairs

Bogatog
02-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Hand #1

Full 3/6. Seems like a typical table to me, mostly looseys and a couple decent players.

I get J /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB.

UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, I call, BB calls.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, BB folds, UTG raises, UTG+1 3-bets, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, I cap, all call.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

River: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Hand #2

Full Party 5/10, MP in this hand is loose preflop and I think has been taking shots at pots when checked to and with position.

I have A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB.

UTG+1 limps, EP limps, MP limps, I raise, BB folds, all limpers call.

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, UTG+1 calls, EP folds, MP calls.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checks through. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

River: 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, UTG+1 checks, MP bets, I call, UTG+1 folds.

Clarkmeister
02-06-2004, 02:56 AM
Hand 1 is fine.

As you already know, bet the turn in hand 2. This isn't a bad flop to checkraise on either, so if you want to light up the guy who takes shots, the flop is the time. The turn is not.

dirty_dan
02-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Hand 1 is fine. In that position with JJ I think calling is fine. With the UTG raise and all those coldcallers you're sure to be up against an A, K and Q, so you're folding if any overcards flop.

Flop play was good. An alternative play is to just call the 3bet intending to checkraise the turn if nothing scary hits. UTG might cap it anyway.

Hand 2, bet the turn. That flop has a lot of draws and your opponents just called. There's no way a checkraise would work here, and you need to make sure you get them to pay while you can. If the river doesn't complete their draws they're not going to pay you off on the end. The check-call on the river is a must here. You avoid being raised by a straight and can induce a busted draw to bluff.