PDA

View Full Version : AA on the button in party 3/6 game.

Bogatog
02-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Full 3/6 game on Party. Usual suspects. Only been here a rotation or 2 but opponent in question(LP) is seeing at least 50% of the flops.

Folded to LP who open raises, I 3-bet, BB calls, LP calls.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me, I bet, both call.

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me, I bet, BB calls, LP raises, I 3-bet, BB folds, LP caps, I call.

River: 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

LP bets, I call.

J.R.
02-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Go for the overcall on the turn, as there is no reason to stop the LP guy from bluffing, shut the drawing dead or close to it BB out of the pot and open yourself up to a cap from quads or QQ.

If you raise, what hands call? A bluff and many other hands may fold, and better hands cap. Maybe a Q calls.

I assume LP was limping a lot, since you called him loose and not an LAG or maniac? If so, that makes it more likely you don't like his check-raise here.

Bogatog
02-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Ok, here was my thinking at the time. The guy openraised, so I make the list of possible holdings. He doesn't cap so that narrows it slightly, possibly eliminating QQ.

The check/call on the flop says a Q or slowplaying 7 to me. When the 3rd 7 came down on the turn and I got c/r I still figured he had the Q and couldn't help but bet his boat. As for closing out the other guy, I'm really only expecting him to call any bets with a smaller boat and would be surprised if my 3-bet caused him to fold a boat. Once LP capped, I figured I was in trouble and made my crying call.

He ended up having 57s for the quadies.

Catch of the Day
02-04-2004, 11:07 PM
You need to be raising the river man. After the third 7 on the turn you need to realize that you have the 2nd nut hand. 2nd nut hands dont make crying calls especially after your pre-flop raise. The check call on of the LP was a little suspicious but he coulda been check/call, check raising. Dont be weak/tight, you had a monster. Being more aggressive in such cases will help you know where you are in the hand sooner. But 9 out of 10 times raises the river is the right play.

Catch of the Day
02-04-2004, 11:08 PM
sorry 3rd nut, behind QQ but you woulda seen a 3 bet on the flop I imagine...

Mike Gallo
02-04-2004, 11:59 PM
I think JR pretty much summed it up.

Bogatog
02-05-2004, 04:40 AM
weak tight? we capped the turn man. What would you put a late position raiser on when the 3rd 7 comes on the turn after a check/call on the flop?

I know how good my hand is, thats why I raised the turn. And in hindsight, thats not even correct because it closes out the other guy.

When exactly would you slow down with this hand? up to the river I bet/raised at every opportunity.

GuyOnTilt
02-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Sorry I apparently ignored the turn action. I guess that what you said is true, a late raise after the thid seven fell is suspicious, but a slowplayed Q is more likely. I guess in actuality you made a good call on the river that saved you money. In reflecting, I think that only a few hands you are ahead of could of played it the same way. QX, JJ. Yeah weak/tight isnt doesnt really apply. This is an interesting hand.

SinCityGuy
02-05-2004, 01:00 PM
And you took down the pot after calling his KQo, right?

SinCityGuy
02-05-2004, 01:03 PM
My bad, I see below that he did indeed have a 7. Still, you played the hand well. Welcome to Party Poker low limit.