PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 5's

CaliQ
02-04-2004, 06:46 PM
I just started playing mid limits (10-20, 15-30) a couple of months ago and I wanted to start posting some hands that I am not sure about. I worry sometimes that I am too aggressive, so i wanted some input from experienced players.

15-30 Bellagio 1st hand posted in the cutoff w/ black 5's 4 limpers to me. Button folds. SB BB in.

Flop 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to middle player who bets, since I have just sat down I have no read on the players. A call between us and I raise. UTG calls middle players both call.

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me I bet UTG calls everyone else folds.

River 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet UTG calls I drag the pot.

Is the raise on the flop 2 aggressive? I almost raised out of my post, would anyone do this? Do i take the free card on the turn instead of betting, because I am drawing to really only a 3 because a 7 may put a bigger straight out? Thanks for the input if you have any.

sweetzer
02-04-2004, 07:04 PM
I like the raise on the flop, I and agree with your bet on the turn, half the deck makes overcards so try to win it there. The 3 on the river sometimes works in the good guys favor. To raise from your post would certainly be okay as you already have four limpers in and don't need the pot odds of the blinds.

astroglide
02-04-2004, 07:38 PM
do you think both the better and the caller have a deuce, 33, 44, or overcards on the flop? if you don't, the raise sucks against unknown players.

a preflop raise in this situation would be executed (shy of having proper odds) in order to tie people to the pot incase you flop a set. based on this post it seems you are likely to tie yourself to the pot without a set, so i'd say it's not a word fit for your lexicon.

DiamondDave
02-04-2004, 10:05 PM
I don't like your flop raise. It would have been better to use those chips to pop it before the flop.

James282
02-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Check the turn because you have what looks a lot like 10 outs if you are behind. It doesn't look like you are ahead to the bettor, who will rarely have a 2 or bet it even if he has one, and keep in mind that this is a nearly drawless board. You might also collect 2 bets on the river when he bets into you or save one if you are pretty sure he has you beat(your straight card doesn't come).
-James

anatta
02-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Against a player who will bet any type of hand (legit draws, gutters, overcards, weak pairs), I will often raise with my smallish pocket pairs. Here you have a bet and a call from unknowns and several players to act behind you. I think folding the flop is the best play.