PDA

View Full Version : TT hand vs undercard flop

JDErickson
02-04-2004, 04:43 PM
loose passive party table. Opponent in this hand was playing most hands and had recently called my PFR (AK) with 66 and rivered the 4 flush where his 6c beat my TPTK (he had nothing until the river)

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is MP2

Hero raises, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds

Flop(9 SB): 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, MP3 folds, Button raises, SB calls, Hero 3-bets, Button calls, SB calls

Turn(9 BB): 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, Button calls, SB raises, Hero calls, Button folds

River(14 BB): T/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB calls

Comments

Results later

Festus22
02-04-2004, 04:54 PM
I think I would have folded to SB's turn check-raise. It would take some serious stones or something that's sold in a baggie to make this raise without an 8 or 3. Possible I guess but not likely.

Nice river though!

Raiser
02-04-2004, 04:57 PM
If the SB was typically passive, I think I'd lay this down on the turn. If he's a loose passive, I think you can trust that his raise means a 3 or a slowplayed 8. After his turn raise you are getting 12:1 pot odds on your 2 outer.

Of course if he's a maniac, that's another story.

spamuell
02-04-2004, 05:56 PM
I hate folding to turn checkraises, but I think I probably would do so here. SBs action went cold-call PF, cold-call flop with low pair, check-raise turn. If this doesn't scream trips (now a boat), what does? If it had been the button who raised the turn, I would have called as he raised the flop so at a typical loose passive party table, it's much less likely he has the 8 (although the 3 is possible but unlikely). If I thought the SB was the type to make a stab at the pot (which it doesn't look like) when a scare card falls, I'd call of course.

If you can't fold the turn, make sure you hit your higher full house on the river /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I hope he didn't have 88 or 33, but you still have to cap this river of course.

(Incidentally, I think this is one of those posts where you probably shouldn't have included the river action, as it makes it pretty clear he has at least a full house and it's really the turn that you should be concerned about. I'm gonna feel stupid if he was just trying to push you off with 22 or something /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.)

JDErickson
02-04-2004, 06:11 PM
Results: opponent flipped over 86o for the lower full house.

I debated even posting this because I know I made serious mistakes on turn and even the flop 3 bet was iffy.

But isn't it sweet justice for the idiot who calls the raise with 86o /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jim