PDA

View Full Version : Folding an Overpair

rayrns
02-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Poker Stars .25/.50 9 players
Table has been LAG

Hero is EMP with T /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Preflop:UTG limps, Hero raises, BB calls as does UTG.

Flop:6 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, BB raises, UTG calls, Hero 3 bets, BB caps, UTG calls, Hero folded.
<font color="blue"> When BB check raised I figured him for a 6, A-8, K-8 and thought he might raise because of the kicker. I wanted to find out while the bet would still be a SB what he had so I raised with the intention of folding if he re-raised. If he just calls I'll call it down to the river. The only cards that will do me any good are the last two T's giving him more outs than me, if he doesn't have me beat right now.
After I folded I thought about the TP hand I folded (K's) incorrectly. Followed by majorkong's post "Why you guys aren't crushing these Microlimit games..."
So my question is "did I fold incorrectly again?" </font>

Turn:2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks, UTG checks.

River:9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB bets, UTG folds

BB "Showed his hand" J /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Ed Miller
02-06-2004, 08:14 AM
At the point you folded, you are getting 17-to-1 on your call, closing the action. You can call almost just to spike your ten. You might also be ahead. I would basically never fold under those circumstances.

Trix
02-06-2004, 09:22 AM
If a blank falls on the turn and he bets into you, what will you do then ?

Ed Miller
02-06-2004, 09:28 AM
If a blank falls on the turn and he bets into you, what will you do then ?

That depends on my read. Against many/most players, I'd call down.