PDA

View Full Version : Hand i was berated for...

thirddan
02-04-2004, 04:18 AM
Pacific .50/1.00
Table is passive and my raises have been getting good respect

I am MP with J /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

folded to me and i limp, LP limp, Button limps, SB completes, BB checks

Flop: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks (i respect as decent player), I bet, LP calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, I bet, LP calls, SB raises, I call, LP calls

River: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets, I raise, LP folds, SB calls

SB mucks without showing then calls me a "moron idiot...etc"
Comments?

Trix
02-04-2004, 04:41 AM
Well played.
Guess he slowplayed a Ten /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Christoferj
02-04-2004, 06:28 AM
poor guy he never knew what hit him =)

Tosh
02-04-2004, 06:40 AM
Decent players don't call you an idiot for playing the hand that way.

TheRake
02-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Thirddan,

Nothing wrong with the way this was played. Nicely done.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw 'em....If he wants to slow play his hand he needs to accept the results when they don't go his way.

TheRake

Lost Wages
02-04-2004, 11:39 AM
I like to ask them how they would have played differently.

Lost Wages

surfdoc
02-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Nice hand. Well Played. Hey Rake, I don't think it would have made any difference if the SB played this fast. Hero flopped an OESD and turned the flush draw so I doubt he would have folded anyway.

As far as the name calling, that's just stupid.

TheRake
02-04-2004, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero flopped an OESD and turned the flush draw so I doubt he would have folded anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?? Hmmmm /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I was just pointing out that it sounded like SB was upset because his trips were beat by a RR flush. He prolly didn't even notice Hero's OESD.

TheRake

Sam T.
02-04-2004, 01:52 PM
He was probably talking to himself. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I had the same experience, except that I was called a "Lucky fool." I also posted the hand and received confirmation that I'd played it correctly.

It's tough to just let this sort of crap go, but you've got to remember that the reason you can make money is that you are better than most of your opponents. Therefore, when someone begins name-calling, in all likelihood they are not as good as you are. If that is the case, why would you pay them any attention?

I'll pass on the advice I was given. The best response is silence, but if you must reply, try, "Shhh. I'm busy stacking your chips."

Mike Gallo
02-04-2004, 01:57 PM

I would not have typed anything. He projected the feeling he felt for his own poor play on you.

StellarWind
02-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Well played!

I recently sat down online just as some lucky soul crushed a full house with a tiny wired pair turned quads. The victim proceeded to shower abuse on the winner for the next few minutes--like yours but maybe more 'personal'.

I reported him. Aside from being the right thing to do, it's the poker thing to do. It scares the fish. They tighten up and stop doing all the things they know they shouldn't do but do for fun. And they leave the table early. Nothing the fuming SOB can do is likely to repay me for the way he wrecks the game.

surfdoc
02-04-2004, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Really?? Hmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I sensing some sarcasm here or are you being down right condescending? I realize that I was stating the obvious here but I am pretty sure you were too with your slow play comment.

Joe Tall
02-04-2004, 03:48 PM
I would raise preflop here when folded to.

Other than that I think you played it fine.

I think the SB is the idiot here.

Peace,
Joe Tall

TheRake
02-04-2004, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I sensing some sarcasm here or are you being down right condescending?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh don't mind me. I am irritable because I am in a week long slump. My posts aren't even coherent these days. Didn't mean anything by it. Sarcasm truly is the lowest form of humor. Sorry

TheRake

JPNet
02-04-2004, 06:56 PM
Just last night I had 3 hands in a row cracked on the river by 83o, J3o and 93s, none of them in the blinds. I sure felt like saying something, but I can honestly say that is 1 part of my game that has improved. I was able to just laugh about it and continue playing the same way.

el_grande
02-04-2004, 07:03 PM
I think I prefer the response: "shhhhhh, I'm stacking your chips."

Victor
02-04-2004, 07:06 PM
On the flop I dont like betting draws into a paired board especially when you are not the last to act.

On the turn, however, your bet is fine and of course you have to call. River is fine too.

MrDannimal
02-04-2004, 07:15 PM
In this case, I might have gone instead for "Talking to yourself is often a cry for help."

99% of the time, I don't chat at the tables, unless it's totally unrelated to poker. But when I've played right and someone else is upset at their bad play and I can possibly put them way on tilt with a simple comment, I can't resist (esp. when they're berating me).

StellarWind
02-05-2004, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop I dont like betting draws into a paired board especially when you are not the last to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally a good rule, but in this case the bet serves to protect his overcards. Maybe that compensates for the redraw risk.

Victor
02-05-2004, 03:30 AM
his overcards are garbage, there is no reason to think that any of those pairs wil win for you; a good player will play check fold unless a helping card plays which is what happen and obviously it was played correctly from here.

me454555
02-05-2004, 03:59 AM
1) This is the perfect time to bet your draw. Most of your opponents will probobly put you on 3 of a kind and may fold right there giving you the pot. If somoene does raise you w/3 of a kind, you still have plenty of outs to draw to.

2)Why do you assume his overcards are garbage? If he bets the flop, he can probobly fold out other jacks or queens leaving his overcards clean. Unless he's raised I see no reason to fear trips. Clearing up your overcard outs and finding out where you stand are 2 reasons that this is a MUST bet flop. Check/folding on a flop like that is way weak and very unprofitable