PDA

View Full Version : Flush draw in a giant pot

bisonbison
02-04-2004, 02:42 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is MP2

EP1 raises, EP2 3-bets, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB caps, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls

Flop(24 SB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, EP1 checks, EP2 bets, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, EP1 calls

Turn(15 BB): T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, EP1 checks, EP2 bets, Hero calls, CO raises, Button calls, BB folds, EP1 3-bets, EP2 calls(all-in), Hero calls, CO caps, Button calls, EP1 calls, Hero calls

River(27 BB): 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

EP1 checks, Hero checks, CO bets, Button calls, EP1 raises, Hero folds, CO 3-bets, Button calls, EP1 calls(all-in)

Guh. I'll defend my postflop cold call, but should I have raised the flop, trusting that the giant pot would induce calling 2?

Trix
02-04-2004, 03:39 AM
You have to fold this preflop when its 3Cold, cuz you have to make the flush or straight to win and you dont have the implide odds to call for that when its 3Bets preflop.

FLOP:
I would have expected EP1 or BB to checkraise this, so i would also have waited till second time it came around to decide how to play it. If someone holds KK, then you need more than 3 callers for value betting this since ull only win 25% (3:1). I would expect EP1 or BB to checkraise this and then Ill 3Bet or Cap when it comes around second time if its profitable.

thirddan
02-04-2004, 03:54 AM
im with trix, muck this preflop

kiemo
02-04-2004, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to fold this preflop when its 3Cold, cuz you have to make the flush or straight to win and you dont have the implide odds to call for that when its 3Bets preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain this to me, becuase wouldnt it depend on your read of the players. You are only behind AA,KK,QQ,and AK at this point and players at microlimits will surely raise preflop with many more hands then this.

spamuell
02-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Explain this to me, becuase wouldnt it depend on your read of the players. You are only behind AA,KK,QQ,and AK at this point and players at microlimits will surely raise preflop with many more hands then this.

Raise... yes. You can cold-call or 3-bet with AQs, and you can fold as well, depending on the opponent. But a raise from first position and a 3bet from second position - early position raises are strong. Early position 3-bets are extremely strong. Usually, someone will have at least AK. Occasionally it will be something like 99 raises (although most opponents limp with this), JJ 3 bets (but most opponents would cold call with this), and even if this happens you're not the favourite to win. Most of the time though, you're a huge dog to win the hand as you're up against at least on AA/KK/AK/QQ or combination thereof.

ChipWrecked
02-04-2004, 05:56 PM
I think you'd need good reads on these people to let go of suited AQ here. One never knows what some of these nutjobs are willing to jack it up with.

What I'm curious about is what CO and button had.