PDA

View Full Version : I hate statements like these

TimTimSalabim
02-04-2004, 02:22 AM
I was watching American Idol tonight where they began by stating they were going to narrow down the field to 32 contestants by the end of the show (it turns out they're not going to do that until tomorrow, but never mind that for now). Then they proceeded to make a big deal about how the judges were going to "raise the bar" from previous years standards. This is a ridiculous statement. Can you see why? (as Sklansky would say). Of course, if they're narrowing down to a predetermined number (32), then the judges have nothing to do with where the bar is. The bar will be set by whomever the 32nd best contestant is. It makes me think that the intelligence of Americans is declining fast when I hear things like this. Which makes me fear for the future of humanity. But on another note, it makes me feel good when I sit down at a poker table. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

pretender2k
02-05-2004, 06:58 AM
Obviously the intelligence of Americans is declining. The fact that American Idol is still on proves that. If you need more proof go to the tables after WPT gets over. Thank God I am qulified to do little more than take advantage of stupidity.