PDA

View Full Version : My First Hand History Post

Rugbyrat
02-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Hi All:

Comments are appreciated.

Hand #940699-13572 at Caracas ($.50/$1 Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 03/Feb/04 20:42:13

kinginfull is at seat 0 with $49.50.
Rugbyrat is at seat 1 with $42.25.
Bricks78 is at seat 2 with $24.25.
CheeseWolf is at seat 3 with $10.95.
shadetree1 is at seat 4 with $23.95.
whoareu is at seat 5 with $15.90.
InZen is at seat 6 with $49.50.
sth_scotty is at seat 7 with $54.85.
AngryGumball is at seat 8 with $50.
CptMisery is at seat 9 with $18.75.
The button is at seat 2.

CheeseWolf posts the small blind of $.25.
shadetree1 posts the big blind of $.50.

kinginfull: -- --
Rugbyrat: Ah Ac
Bricks78: -- --
CheeseWolf: -- --
shadetree1: -- --
whoareu: -- --
InZen: -- --
sth_scotty: -- --
CptMisery: -- --

Pre-flop:

whoareu calls. InZen folds. sth_scotty folds.
CptMisery folds. kinginfull folds. Rugbyrat raises
to $1. Bricks78 folds. CheeseWolf calls. shadetree1 re-raises to $1.50. whoareu calls. Rugbyrat re-raises to $2. CheeseWolf calls. shadetree1 calls. whoareu calls.

Flop (board: Qh 3s 5s):

CheeseWolf checks. shadetree1 bets $.50. whoareu calls. Rugbyrat raises to $1. CheeseWolf calls.
shadetree1 calls. whoareu calls.

Turn (board: Qh 3s 5s Ts):

CheeseWolf checks. shadetree1 bets $1. whoareu calls. Rugbyrat calls. CheeseWolf calls.

River (board: Qh 3s 5s Ts 5h):

CheeseWolf checks. shadetree1 bets $1. whoareu raises to $2. Rugbyrat folds. CheeseWolf folds. shadetree1 calls.

Showdown:

whoareu shows Qc Td.
whoareu has Qc Td Qh 5s Ts: two pair, queens and tens.
shadetree1 shows Ks Kc.
shadetree1 has Ks Kc Qh 5s 5h: two pair, kings and fives.

Hand #940699-13572 Summary:

$1 is raked from a pot of $20.
shadetree1 wins $19 with two pair, kings and fives.

Why did I fold? The third spade on the turn was a scary card. shadetree1 cracked my pocket K's two hands before when he turned a straight after he called my preflop raise with 3/7s. Now that I have reviewed the hand history, I guess calling the two bets on the river would have been the better play, since I had a high pair.

Constructive criticism and thoughts are appreciated.

TIA,
Rugbyrat

thirddan
02-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Hello...you might want to repost this slightly summarized using positions instead of names, you will probably get some responses, ive seen that people sometimes avoid posts that are hand history format /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would raise the turn again because my hand may still be good and it may get cheeseWolf out, if shade 3bets you might also lose whoareu, i would just call a 3bet...If you are behind here you still have outs...I would also call on river since you have drawn out on any two pair, and nobody is likely to have a 5...

Rugbyrat
02-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Hi All:

Comments are appreciated. UB .50/1.00

Rugbyrat/HERO: Ah Ac

Pre-flop:

UTG calls. UTG+1 folds. MP folds. MP2 folds. LP folds. HERO (in CO) raises to $1. Button folds. SB calls. BB re-raises to $1.50. UTG calls. HERO re-raises to $2. SB calls. BB calls. UTG calls.

Flop (board: Qh 3s 5s):

SB checks. BB bets $.50. UTG calls. HERO raises to $1. SB calls. BB calls. UTG calls.

Turn (board: Qh 3s 5s Ts):

SB checks. BB bets $1. UTG calls. HERO calls. SB calls.

River (board: Qh 3s 5s Ts 5h):

SB checks. BB bets $1. UTG raises to $2. HERO folds. SB folds. BB calls.

Showdown:

SB shows Qc Td.: two pair, queens and tens.
BB shows Ks Kc.: two pair, kings and fives.

BB wins $19 with two pair, kings and fives.

Why did I fold? The third spade on the turn was a scary card. SB cracked my pocket K's two hands before when he turned a straight after he called my preflop raise with 3/7s. Now that I have reviewed the hand history, I guess calling the two bets on the river would have been the better play, since I had a high pair.

Constructive criticism and thoughts are appreciated.

TIA,
Rugbyrat

Rugbyrat
02-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Thanks, Dan. After I read your response, I realized my original post was hard to follow, and, as a result, so was your response.

I've reposted in what I believe is a better format. Is it?

Thanks,
Rugbyrat

Nottom
02-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Preflop: Fine

Flop: Fine

Turn: Now this is where it gets interesting. The flush is there, but you have no real reason to think that the BB has that based on his preflop action. Its more likely he either picked up a draw to go with a pair (maybe AQ with the As or KK with the Ks as he has here) or that he want to test you again for AK.

UTG could have a flush, but its pretty unlikely since he didn't raise.

River: BB bets cause he thinks his hand is good and now UTG raises /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Since you didn't raise the turn, you are now in a bad position here. That 5 isn't usually going to help anyone, but at these levels its entirely possible that someone could have something like A5 or even a set that got gunshy when the flush came in on the turn. He could also hae a slowplayed flush that he is now deciding to unveil.

I'd probably fold here most of the time unless UTG has gotten out of hand on previous hands, but its important to realize how much differently this would have played out had you raised the turn.

And welcome to the forum!

taxat
02-03-2004, 11:36 PM
One more thing to improve future posts is using the suit icons. Also, don't post the showdown until you receive comments.

Don't be afraid of third suited card--raise the turn. I would put BB on a range of good hands, AA-QQ, AKs, AQ, KQ because he bets into the capper on the flop. He probably doesn't have QQ because he didn't reraise on the flop unless he decided to slowplay.

On the turn, it looks like BB picked up a four-flush and/or two pair. You have to raise the turn to charge everyone with only one spade and if you get three-bet on the turn you can start to worry.

River is tricky because a calling station finally woke up when the board paired. I would call the river because it is unlikely someone hung around with middle pair. Plus, I don't think you have to worry about a three bet from BB with the paired/flushy board so you aren't getting trapped for more bets.

thirddan
02-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Possible hand for BB: AA/KK/QQ/JJ/AK/AQ: these are hands i think most players will 3bet from BB, on flop you are beating all hands here except QQ and only possible other hands that he would play like this are AsKs/AsQs, slightly less likely because you have 2 of the Aces...Good to raise on the flop, unlikely he has QQ because he will 3 bet flop...That is an ugly card but BB probably doesn't have a flush, UTG could have anything, but if he did have a flush he would probably raise here so i would raise again making it harder for SB and UTG to call if they are still drawing with something like a big spade...At this point we are pretty sure that we have BB beat, UTGs raise here is very strange but i think he is unlikely to be on the flush here because he would have raised the turn. And now we beat all other two pair hands so i think you gotta call here...I doubt that the five helped anyone since i don't think they would have taken this much heat with a five, other than Q5 (unlikely)i think you gotta call this one down...Hope this helps

PS...the fact that SB cracked your KK shouldn't have any power over how you play this hand...and btw i think SB played hand terribly

Nottom
02-03-2004, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And now we beat all other two pair hands so i think you gotta call here...I doubt that the five helped anyone since i don't think they would have taken this much heat with a five, other than Q5 (unlikely)i think you gotta call this one down...Hope this helps

[/ QUOTE ]

or a 5 and a Spade, especially the As.

[ QUOTE ]
PS...the fact that SB cracked your KK shouldn't have any power over how you play this hand...and btw i think SB played hand terribly

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a big fan of the stop and go with KK, but its not the worst play in the world. Hardly enough to call his play terrible.

thirddan
02-03-2004, 11:46 PM
i was referring to the way that the SB with QT played his hand...the KK referred to a previous hand that was mentioned in the post...

Nottom
02-04-2004, 12:01 AM
Yeah, the QT guy did play it like crap. Sorry about the confusion.