PDA

View Full Version : Just The Usual Crazy Stuff

HDPM
02-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Here's a link. web page (http://www.local6.com/news/2815142/detail.html)

Bet you didn't think of this as a career.

The main point of the article is that religious authorities oppose this as disrespecting the dead. But of couse, filling bodies to like 800 psi with high pressure formaldehyde, putting makeup on them and having an open casket funeral is just A-OK. Whatever. Needless to say, the Church opposition made me think this guy is on to something.

I wouldn't want my body going to him tho. I still need to make arrangements w/ the taxidermist. I am debating just a head and antlers mount or the full body. I think full body on a cart would be good, so I could be dragged to various events.

Or maybe just drug to the curb with the rest of the garbage and burned would be fine. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Zeno
02-03-2004, 09:39 PM
An intriguing post. I made note of a few items

[ QUOTE ]
The German weekly Der Spiegel said in January that von Hagens ran a "shabby business," buying cheap corpses –...

[/ QUOTE ]

The man runs a business, he is a captialist, and a smart one. Why buy expensive corpses? That just seems silly. Cheaper by the dozen I say.

[ QUOTE ]
In their final plasticized state, the corpses are rubbery to the touch with a crystalline finish - the color of raw pork.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds yummy - fire up the BBQ - but do not use nutmeg, that's in bad taste. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

On a bit more of a serious note did not Rembrandt paint a dissection scene? - A rather famous and remarkable painting. Just some food for thought. And if I remember correctly the church was very much against dissection of dead human bodies for study or any other reason and it was against the law for many years. Medical students use to steal bodies to study and for many years there was a blackmarket in corpses.

-Zeno