PDA

View Full Version : Ciaffone's and Reuben's Book

prk
02-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Anyone know where to find a copy of thier Pot and No-Limit book? searched Barnes and Noble and came up with no available copies.

Also, would you suggest this book or T.J. and McEvoy's Pot and No-limit book???

ChipWrecked
02-03-2004, 07:48 PM
I got mine at Amazon, but it did take about six weeks to ship.

me454555
02-03-2004, 07:55 PM
I got it from overstock.com, pretty cheap and came w/in a week.

HDPM
02-03-2004, 08:46 PM
I think you can also get it from Bob himself. Look him up on the web. I think his site is called "Gameplayer Poker Books" or something. Might even be a link to it on the "favorite links" part of the website. If you e-mail Bob I bet you can get a copy, often autographed. You might also want to hire him for lessons. He is EXTREMELY reasonable and will let you run a lot of hands by him. At least with other books he will include a book w/ the price of some lessons. He is a good resource to ask questions and run hands by. Having him on board to discuss your big bet game is worth more than Bob charges. There have been some criticisms of the MLHE book he and Jim Brier, but has a lot of good information. But his pot limit book is universally respected as well as Improve Your Poker. His lessons have been discussed, maybe try the archives.

I bet Conjelco has it and they support this site.

Do a search of mason's book revies too. The short answer to Ciaffone v. T.J and McEvoy is Ciaffone.

prk
02-04-2004, 01:01 AM
thanks for the replies. couldnt find it on overstock.com but did find it on amazon and conjelco. conjelco is a few bucks cheaper so i can order it from them.

while searching through the poker items they have for sale i came across Tournament Texas Hold'em for Windows. What is the difference between this and Turbo Texas Hold'Em and which would would be of more use? I play a good amount of home tourney's and have a serious interest in no-limit games, but if a deeper understanding of ring games would more improve my no-limit skills then i could justify purchasing Turbo Texas Hold-em.

TriciaToyota
02-04-2004, 09:31 AM
I just recently bought a copy from Bob Ciaffone himself. You can do that here (http://www.diamondcs.net/~thecoach/pokerbooks.html). He ships very quickly, and you'll get a signed copy /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Zele
02-04-2004, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
... would you suggest [...] T.J. and McEvoy's Pot and No-limit book???

[/ QUOTE ]

No!

P.S. No!

Mason Malmuth
02-04-2004, 02:14 PM
Hi Everyone:

The book is also available frm this site. Just go to our home page then in the left hand column click on "Booke by Others." It's listed there and the order is filled by ConJelCo. By the way, I gave that book a rating of 10.

Best wishes,
Mason

SpaceAce
02-04-2004, 02:34 PM
I got mine from Barnes and Noble. They had one copy in stock at the local store.

SpaceAce

djegot
02-04-2004, 03:52 PM
just out of curiosity??? why wouldnt you recommend this book?? I bought this book and I felt it improved my nl tourney games tremendously.

Your Mom
02-07-2004, 12:47 AM
Special order it from Borders. Got mine in a week or so.