PDA

View Full Version : my hand improved, but the calling stations really came alive....

ninja please
02-03-2004, 05:33 PM
party 2/4

i'm dealt AKo in LP
3 limpers to me and i raise. CO cold calls, blinds fold, all 3 limpers fold.

flop: As 8s 2d
checked to me, i bet, CO and first limper call, other 2 fold.

turn: 9d
checked to me, i bet, both call.

river: Ad
checked to me, i bet, CO raises, and UTG check-3-bets.

do you drop your strong hand in fear of runner/runner flush or a weak two pair that filled up, or do you stay along for the ride?

bicyclekick
02-03-2004, 06:13 PM
I'd stay along for the ride. No way in hell they're pushign me out of this one. You might be beat though, but owell. Not a time to save bets.

/edit the more i think about it the more I think your beat. I don't think the CO has you though, I'd be more affraid of the utg. No way in hell he's bluffing, less he's a maniac, you've shown strength the whole time and then another player showed strength, no way he's getting you to fold.

I'd still call though, but dammit i think you're beat.

J.R.
02-03-2004, 06:37 PM
call begrudgingly.

"a weak two pair that filled up"

Aces up would have likely spoken up on the flop or turn, as would have a set, and although the diamonds are a likely candidate there are enough LAG types in these games to make this call getting like 22-2 assuming CO just calls.

LetsRock
02-03-2004, 06:42 PM
You don't give us any reads on the players, so I'm assuming at least reasonable opponents, not 2 maniacs.

I'd make the crying call for one raise, but I can't believe I can beat both guys here.

There's a lot of reasonable hands that could have played this way (JT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 88, 22, A8, A9, A2 although you'd expect an earlier raise from most of these hands) and a lot of unreasonable hands (soooooooted) that can't be good for you right now. And you can't even be certain that CO won't cap.

Vs. 2 raises (especially a c/r) I have to lay this down (at least I hope I can). Not happy, but if I know I'm beat, then why pay 'em off.

ninja please
02-03-2004, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's a lot of reasonable hands that could have played this way

[/ QUOTE ]

turns out there are a couple of unreasonable hands as well. i was pretty sure i was beat, but i couldn't make this fold. i made a crying call, and then had to make a really crying call when CO capped. that was probably my worst call of the hand, but i was getting about a zillion to one odds at that point. they have to both be bluffing once in a zillion hands, right? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

CO turned over KQs for the nut flush (why he called on the flop with absolutely nothing but runner runner outs i'll never understand). not only that, but i was in 3rd place behind UTG who had J8s for the non-nut flush and called to the river with flopped second pair.

the more i think about it, the more i agree that i should have been able to make that fold with two raises back to me. if there had been two of the flush suit on the flop, i can make that fold without much trouble, but it's so much harder to believe runner/runner flushes, especially with the fact that people will often go crazy with a hand like A6 when they make trips like that. however, they couldn't BOTH have had an ace, so i'd have to know one was quite a maniac before i can believe i'm ahead of two raising hands there.