PDA

View Full Version : I lost my A$$ on this one! Help appreciated!

zuluking
02-03-2004, 04:43 PM
The usual passive 4/8 live game with the usual suspects. I'm 4 off the button and get A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I call, next 3 call, 2 folds, SB raises, BB calls, all call.

Flop is 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB now checks, BB checks, I bet, next to me raises, 3 calls, BB folds, I re-raise, all call. GEES!

Turn is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, I bet, next to me now folds, 2 calls, SB folds.

River is 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, next now raises, next to him calls all-in, I re-raise, he caps, I call.

Yeppers, he played 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Rip away, what could I have done?

JDErickson
02-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Nothing,
You played it well.

CMP
02-03-2004, 04:51 PM
To win the hand? I think you did all you could.

I think I would've lost only 2 fewer bets than you, played it the same way through the turn, just calling the river raise, with the strange straight possibilities coming in at the end and the full house potential.

$.02

CMP

pudley4
02-03-2004, 04:52 PM
You need the latest version of "Pattern Mapping for Live Play".

Marked cards would work too.

Otherwise, you can just call the river raise.

bunky9590
02-03-2004, 04:52 PM
I'm probably losing less on the river. I would have just called the raise on the river.

He showed 56? i would have figured JT.

ropey
02-03-2004, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I lost my A$$ on this one!

[/ QUOTE ]
Where? You lost two more bets than you should have. Bend over...take the beat like a man and move on to the next hand.

Just my 2 cents.

-ropey

zuluking
02-03-2004, 05:08 PM
You're right. Thanks for listening. Just let me get some vasaline......

sfer
02-03-2004, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't have reraised the river. It looked like JT.

Other than that, your play looks fine.

SA125
02-03-2004, 05:45 PM
I got lost in who was "the guy next". The eventual winner, or another guy who raised and folded? Anyway, you wouldn't think so, but I find gut shot straight suck outs are common in $4-8/$5-10.

If he was the raiser, I can see his move on the flop by raising and representing 7's because there was no PFR and he had his gut shot there for the turn. If he wasn't the flop raiser then, well, it just goes back to the frustration of getting sucked out and making you wonder how others don't see the long term losing play to drawing gut shot straights. Without overcards, no less.

Bob T.
02-03-2004, 05:55 PM
You could save two big bets by calling the raise on the river.

bernie
02-04-2004, 12:47 AM
you couldve saved 2 bets on the river. he could have 87s which many mopes limp with. some also chase with 88 here. he knows you have a hand by the river and yet still raised. did ya get blinded by that fact?

b