PDA

View Full Version : In love with my hand?

Sam T.
02-03-2004, 03:06 PM
0.50/1 Party, results in white.

Trying to figure out if I should have slowed down at the end.

Hero is in MP1, dealt [ A /images/graemlins/club.gif, K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
UTG calls
Utg +1 calls
UTG +2calls
HERO raises
MP2 folds.
MP3 folds.
CO calls
Button folds.
SB calls
BB folds.
UTG calls
Utg +1 raises
UTG +2 calls
HERO calls
CO calls
SB calls
UTG calls

Flop: [ 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]

SB bets
UTG calls
Utg +1 calls
UTG +2calls
HERO raises
CO calls
SB raises
UTG folds.
Utg +1 calls
UTG +2calls
HERO raises to 2
CO calls
SB calls
Utg +1 calls
UTG +2calls

** Dealing Turn ** : [ T /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]

SB bets
Utg +1 calls
UTG +2 folds.
HERO raises to 2
CO calls
SB calls
Utg +1 calls

** Dealing River ** : [ A /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]

SB checks.
Utg +1 checks.
HERO bets
CO raises to 2
SB calls
Utg +1 folds.
HERO raises to 3
CO raises to 4
SB folds.
HERO calls
** Summary **

<font color="white"> </font> SB was hanging around with two pair (KK77), CO whupped me with trip 7s. <font color="white"> </font>

harboral
02-03-2004, 03:38 PM
You played the hand the way I would have played it until the river. I would have figured the CO for a straight and not reraised. Otherwise it looks good to me, you can't put him on a set the way it was played......just got unlucky.

Sam T.
02-03-2004, 03:48 PM
What fooled me is that he didn't start raising until the ace came out on the river. I figured he had AT or some other two pair I could beat.

JDErickson
02-03-2004, 04:07 PM
CO is an idiot /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would have played the exact same way other than just calling the river raise . If anything I'd put the SB on 2 pair or trips. I still would have called the river. CO gave you no clue of anything until the river.

Jim

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-03-2004, 09:54 PM
hahahahahahaha

I believe I was the CO in this hand (eatmoregravy). I'd like to defend my slowplay against JD's accusation.

I coldcalled preflop because I could reasonably expect UTG and UTG+1 to call the extra SB, and could also reasonably expect at least one more call behind me. Also, if I don't flop a set I know I'm done.

Flop is a rainbow board, about as unthreatening as things get for a set (the only hand I'm behind is KK, and with no preflop cap, I don't expect it to be out there). As far as smooth/coldcalling everything on the flop/turn, I was happy to let SB and MP1 bet, raise and reraise my hand for me.

I capped the river because the only hands I could be behind were AA and KK (again, no PF cap) and perfect-perfect to the straight.

What does everyone else think? This isn't my default line for playing a set, but I thought it was appropriate here.

JDErickson
02-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Hey Gravy,
wouldn't you know I'd run into another 2+2er that actually had a decent reason for slowplaying until the river /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That being said I still don't like waiting until the river. You run the risk of losing any action or possible giving someone a better hand than you.

Slow playing the flop was great but I would attacked the turn.

This play just reminded me so well of how party fish play trips. I apologise for comment.

Jim

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Hehe JD. Perhaps you're right in that I should have pounced on the turn, but I'm not completely sure.

99 times out of 100 I'd make the same comment if I were you, reading this post /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sam T.
02-04-2004, 12:20 PM
I thought it might have been you. I've seen your posts here, and had to wonder how many "gravy" monikers are out there. If memory serves you had a pretty good run at that table.

Since I was the aggressor (and I make no apologies for this, except perhaps reraising the river), and brought along another player, I think you played this about right. If you had come over the top, I would have slowed down, and the lower two-pair would have dropped.

Good luck, and I'll see you soon.