PDA

View Full Version : Same table, different error?

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-03-2004, 12:22 PM
Late in the aforementioned $30 + 3 2-table SNG. We are now three-handed. Blinds are 300/600/a50 Chip position is as follows:

Button - 13760
SB - 3305
BB (me) - 9935 (I've built up my stack from the bubble on by being very aggressive)

I get A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

Button calls. SB folds. I check, suspecting a trap. (pot = 1650)

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Button will bet any piece of the board or draw if I check. I check, button bets 600, I raise to 3600, button calls. Not what I wanted, but no reraise probably means either he's drawing or I'm ahead of a medium pair of a weaker J.(pot = 8850)

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, button bets 1200. Here's where I think I messed up. I don't give him credit for calling a check-raise and betting into me when I check on the turn. I begin to start thinking that he doesn't have the flush. I call. (pot = 11250)

River: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

we check it down.

Results later. Comments?

ohkanada
02-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Raise pre-flop. If he is limping with a big hand most will re-raise so you can muck if he goes over the top.

Hard not to call the turn bet. There is close to 9k in the pot after the flop action.

Ken Poklitar

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Button shows A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and takes it down with the flush.