PDA

View Full Version : Ray Zee sighting at LC's

Tommy Angelo
02-03-2004, 09:34 AM
It's not true. The post office has never actually delivered my mail to table 38 seat #1 at Lucky Chances. But that's where I was when some gray-haired dude tapped me on the shoulder yesterday. It was Ray Zee! Looking good! Tanned, trim, and smiling.

We had a chat and then Ray joined the must-move $20-40 game. Twenty minutes later I happened to be walking behind Ray and I heard him say a typical Ray thing. Keep in mind that he almost certainly just met all of his opponents for the first, and I know he never met the guy he was talking to. Ray said to his opponent, "You should stop playing before you lose it all."

Very funny, the way it was delivered and all. But if you were to ask Ray about it later, he could look you right in the eye and say Hey, I was just telling the truth.

I left soon after so Ray and I never had a chance to play at the same table. He said he'll be around for a couple weeks. Maybe next time.

Tommy

Pipedream
02-03-2004, 11:29 AM
Was that a profitable comment for Ray to make?

Pipedream

glen
02-03-2004, 11:36 AM
I bet Zee is beyond caring about things like that, since he's rich and retired and all. He was probably just passing time in that game. . .

andyfox
02-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Came up to me with a big smile on his face, nice to see you, I've got to get on line for the tournament. And that's the last I saw him.

Coilean: Hope you did well. I'm sure I'll be seeing you again.

Regards,
Andy

Coilean
02-03-2004, 06:46 PM
I'm still a tournament newbie, so all I did was butcher two hands before busting out in the 4th level (the first one doubled me, and the second one busted me /images/graemlins/wink.gif). I still need a lot of work on my bet size selection, I seem to get myself potstuck too often when I'm trying to muscle the other guy out. Although I'm starting to think Sklansky's braindead all-in strategy may be the best way to go a lot of the time; whenever I leave myself chips after a raise or reraise the other guy frequently seems to fold or shove in himself, leaving me with the tough decision instead of him. And yeah, I'm sure we'll get a chance to chat longer sometime before the month is over /images/graemlins/smile.gif.