PDA

View Full Version : hmm perhaps I should put a bullet in this dog.

slavic
02-03-2004, 04:22 AM
UTG is a non-descript player I'll leave him as being normal.
EP1 is a little loose but fairly solid, I haven't seen trickyness other than 1 limp-reraise.
The SB is your dream player plays 92% of them, bets anything or nothing, and goes to the river.

Party Poker 5/10 (10 handed)
slavic has J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is BB

UTG limps, EP1 limps, Button limps, SB limps, slavic checks

Flop(5 SB): J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, slavic calls, UTG calls, EP1 calls, Button folds

Turn(4 1/2 BB): A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, slavic checks, UTG checks, EP1 checks

River(4 1/2 BB): 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, slavic checks thinking of calling 1 bet.

steveyz
02-03-2004, 04:26 AM
I'd raise this flop, esp since SB could be betting with anything. From the way this played it, it seems that you have the best hand.

Brian
02-03-2004, 04:34 AM
Hi Slavic,

Why on earth are you calling the Flop? Easy fold. Are you consistently calling down in situations like these? I think that that is a pretty big leak. I'd fold even if I held a higher kicker, like J8. SB is unlikely to be betting into a field of 4 other players without top pair. Even if he has a draw, the combination of his being able to hit it, your being unsure of where you are at and having to pay him off the whole way if he has a better Jack, and the fact that a better Jack could easily be out behind you means that this is an easy fold. If I were to play, I would raise. Calling sucks here.

-Brian

GuyOnTilt
02-03-2004, 04:41 AM
Like Brian said, calling is your worst option on the flop.

GoT

kiddo
02-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Raise!

You hit toppair against 3 limpers and small blind. There is no flushdraw. For me that means: "I am going to see the turn I must protect my ok but not very strong hand, lets bet/raise."

Small blind betting is perfect for you. Now you can raise and get the others to fold. You are investing 2SB in a 8SB pot so its not like you need to win everytime you do this move.

If not more then 1 behind would coldacall flop and small blind call my flopraise and then check to me on turn when A comes, then I would noramlly bet again. If the turn gets checked around I have to call on river so I better invest on turn when they still can fold.

The A on the turn isnt that bad card, as long as you are headsup with small blind or maybe one more player. It will scare them as much as it scares you. Maybe small blind will fold his weak J and maybe, if the river is a high card, you will get a split if he got a J with better kicker then you.

If small blind or someone else 3bet flop I would fold on turn if I didnt improve.

Bogatog
02-03-2004, 09:06 AM
I might be missing something, but aren't we supposed to isolate the guy seeing 92% of the flops whenever we have something playable?

Given that assumption, I agree with the above posters that a raise on the flop is best.

In your situation, I would probably call 1 river bet if it looks like I'd be the only caller. Good as a possible bluff catcher, but no overcall value whatsoever.

Brian
02-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Hi Slavic,

I missed your description of the SB player and only just saw it when reading bogatog's reply. I change my answer into definitely raisning the Flop.

-Brian

Joe Tall
02-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Given your description of the SB, raise the flop.

I do play rag-top-pairs like this now and then, even though I fold them versus multiple opponents usually. It's your description that makes me raise this one.

Peace,
Joe Tall

bernie
02-03-2004, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The SB is your dream player plays 92% of them, bets anything or nothing, and goes to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is one very good reason to raise the flop if you're going to play this. get the solid player out if you can. you are in position to have first crack at this guys chips. use it.

no way am i just calling here. why would ya? id want to get it HU with SB as much as possible.

this is raise or fold.

b

Luke
02-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Hate to jump on the bandwagon slavic, but this flop is raise or fold and given the type of player the SB is, it's a pretty clear raise.

Luke