PDA

View Full Version : PartyPoker micro-limit hand

Baelwulfe
02-03-2004, 03:29 AM
I'm in the SB with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4 players plus myself and the BB see the flop without a raise. One LP player who is a TAP.
FLOP: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif,5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet all call until MP one player folds, and the LP raises.

<font color="blue"> I think he is on a flush draw semi-bluf or Qx suited.
</font>
I re-raise, BB calls, all fold to the LP who calls.
TURN: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet, BB raises, LP folds, and I call.

<font color="blue">In retrospect I think perhaps this was a bad call, (The BB hit 2 pair w/ 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif)
I didn't even think about his hand when I called.
</font>
RIVER: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I checked to the BB and called his bet.

Should I have folded this hand on the turn, was my re-raise on the flop a good choice?

thanks for any help

Trix
02-03-2004, 03:42 AM
Why fold the turn, you have plenty of outs against 2pair.
9 Spades, 2 Qs, 3Js.
3betting flop is fine.

thirddan
02-03-2004, 04:02 AM
Preflop: fine
Flop: fine - i would 3bet if you thought LP was on a draw like you did
Turn: Fine
Even if BB has two small pair you have outs (any Spade, Q/J/5 give you a winner, since the BB had 93)
I wouldn't fold here for one more bet...
River: Fine

EVIL
02-03-2004, 06:22 AM
I think your reraise on the flop was fine since, assuming your read on LP was correct, you are reraising for value and would like to narrow the field.

I don't think your call of BB's raise on the turn was bad at all. In fact, folding would have been horrible. Given what he had, you had 17 outs to a better hand. Since you are getting 11-1 pot odds and are only a 2-1 dog roughly at this point, a call here is mandatory. Even if he had QQ, you are only a 4.5-1 dog and would still have to call. I cannot think of anything that he could have where you would be so far behind that folding would be the correct play.