PDA

View Full Version : NL hand, too aggressive

Acesover8s
02-03-2004, 03:12 AM
Slumming in the .25-.50 NLHE on paradise since I've burned through 5 buyins on the PLO table with the best hand each time. Remembering why I hate this site. . .

Anyway. 3 limpers to me ($55) with Ad7d. I make it $3.50 to go, figuring I can buy it on most any flop at this tightass table. Big stack ($170) in EP calls and so does someone else.

Flop comes Q87 with the 8 of diamonds. Big stack bets $6.50. Other guy folds and I make a marginal (at best) call.

Turn is an offsuit 6. He bets out $0.50. Oops, looks like he wants a cheap draw. Request denied. I bump it to $14. He calls. I don't like that.

River is a King, we check.

How'd I do on all streets?

tw texas
02-03-2004, 03:46 AM
I think your preflop raise is questionable

if I'm going to buy a pot on the flop, I don't want to do it with AXs...I would just call here and hope to flop a 4-flush or a flush if I'm lucky

I think your flop call borderline, you have 5 outs and a BDFD if you're behind, or big stack might be bullying...the arguments for why you shouldn't have called are obvious

your turn raise is good, and big stack callin tells me he's definitely on a straight draw

and I like your check on the river, it looks like he missed his draw, but if he has a Q or K he probably won't fold to anything but a huge bet...and I doubt he has an 8, judging by his flop bet

gaylord focker
02-03-2004, 07:43 AM
I think you should have put it in the dumpster on the flop. If you were a little deeper I could see calling, but not here. The turn and river look good to me.

Richie Rich
02-03-2004, 03:55 PM
Not that you need any reminders, but Ad7d pre-flop is a drawing hand. As such, I would rarely ever raise this from anywhere but the CO/Button.

EP bets out first with a Q and two low cards on the board. What do you think he could have? Smells like KQ/QJ/Q10 to me. With your BDFD and small pair, I'd lay this down easily and pick another battle.