PDA

View Full Version : KQo in SB

RickA
02-02-2004, 11:28 PM
GC 1/2 7 handed (table was real aggressive for 2 orbits and was now becoming passive)

I was dealt Qh Kc in SB
FOlded to button he calls, I call, BB checks. I thought the button to be pretty straightforward.

Flop 4d Kd 8c

I bet, BB folds, button re raises, I 3 bet, he calls
9 sb
Turn 9d
I bet, he raises, I call.
8.5 bb
River 4c
I check, he bets, I call

How did I do?

Thanks
RickA

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Raise preflop.

Postflop is played fine. That third flush card is a bit scary, but I think you have to take your licks here and call it down.

thirddan
02-03-2004, 01:04 AM
I would raise this preflop...i think rest of hand played ok...

RickA
02-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Thanks

He had Ad 7d for the flush.

Joe Tall
02-03-2004, 10:29 AM
For the love of god, raise preflop.

I think you did fine. He may have turned 2-pair or flopped a set and decided to pop you on the turn. Or he got tricky with a AA limp.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

Raiser
02-03-2004, 10:48 AM
JT and others,

You are all saying to raise pre flop. Is this an autoraise regardless of the number of limpers or are you suggesting a raise here because it is 3 handed at most?

Thanks

Trix
02-03-2004, 10:54 AM
Raise is good cuz its short handed and could hopefully get heads up. Also If button reraises it will give you some information.
On the other hand if there are 3+ Limpers I would just call because KQo dont play that well multiway, so it makes more sense to see the flop cheaply and this also improves your chances of checkraising on a flop you may like. Keeping the pot small isnt bad either since it will mostly cause your opponents to make more mistakes postflop.

Joe Tall
02-03-2004, 11:20 AM
I complete after several limpers and raise after say 2 limpers in the SB here.

An open-limp by the button is a strange play at any level, I feel. Surely KQo is a raise in the blinds here (even in the BB w/the SB completion. If the button limp-re-raises, watch-out.

Peace Raiser,
Joe Tall