PDA

View Full Version : OK, mike l., One I Played Awful...

ML4L
02-02-2004, 07:58 PM
Well, I might not have played it awful. But, then again, when I play one awful, I usually know right away how and why I played it awful and don't post it. So, I would deem this one "questionable..."

Another good Party 15/30 game. Bad loose aggressive open-raises in MP, loosey LP coldcalls, and Tilty McRaise, who fancies himself a player but has dropped about $700 in my short time at the table, 3-bets out of the SB. I call two more bets in the BB with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. All call, 4 to the flop, which comes:

9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Tilty bets, I call, MP calls, LP calls. Turn comes:

2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Tilty bets, I raise, MP and LP fold, Tilty 3-bets, I call. River comes:

6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Tilty bets, I call.

Comments on all streets appreciated, because I might have screwed up all four. I can envision a line of: cap, raise, cap, raise...

ML4L

DiamondDave
02-03-2004, 01:12 AM
Don't miss an opportunity to 4-bet Tilty McRaise when you're in good position relative to him, you probably have the best hand, and there are two other players who are drawing.

Eric P
02-03-2004, 01:15 AM
obviously raise the flop if he plays back you do the same then call down if he keeps going... I just don't like to slowplay the flop against tilty cause he's probably going to overplay JJ or A9 or whatever else he got... hopefully AK

Manzanita
02-03-2004, 05:47 PM
ML4L,

Here are my thoughts on this hand.

Preflop I like your call. If there was a chance that 4-betting your hand would get someone to fold then that would be a better play. However, given your description of MP and LP as loose players, this appears unlikely.

On the flop you've got to raise. If an Ace or King comes out you are probably toast. Pressure MP and LP to get out by making them call 2 bets cold.

When you get 3-bet on the turn by the SB just call your opponent down. The SB has bet or raised at every opportunity. While this may be just a manifestation of his being on tilt he may have you beat (or draw out on you on the river).

-- Manzanita