PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 at taj

08-20-2002, 02:01 PM
How is it during the week in the evening ? Is there a rake or time charge ? Is this game better than the pink game at Trop ?

08-20-2002, 02:13 PM
The Taj 10-20 is a game of many faces. On weekends, the games are almost always great with many that have no clue. But there are usually five games going and there ARE some sharp regulars to watch out for. During the week, they are more prevalent as there are fewer tourists, and you may find yourself in a tough game. The one good thing is that during the summer there are always some tourists at Taj, so the games are usually good. Beware if there is only one 20-40 game being spread...the 10-20 could be tougher. I think a competent player can beat these games, but don't be afraid to use a little game selection. The pink game is usually looser and a little crazier, even during the week. Both games tend to be good, the pink game has more regulars and can be tough to get a seat in during the week. The Taj 10-20 is time charged at $5 per half hour. Good luck.

Jeff

08-20-2002, 02:23 PM
thanks for the info...I will head down wed after work...

08-21-2002, 12:00 AM
I normally play on the weekend, but I was at the Taj last Wed and Thurs evening. Both nights they had 2 10-20 games going. On Wednesday, one game was a must move, but Thurs. there was no must move and both games got short after midnight. The games were not much tougher than weekend games and were very beatable.

I haven't been to the Trop in ages, but I think you'll have a much easier time getting a seat at the Taj. Time charge is $5 per half hour.