PDA

View Full Version : Squibb Kick...Why???

stickman
02-02-2004, 03:04 PM
It seems that this play backfires more than it helps. That squibb kick set up the Patriots winning drive. Seems Like Fox took some bad strategy from the Giants with him.
On another note, I would like to thank Big Al for a profitable football season. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Your insights have shed some new light on handicapping for me.

CrazyEyez
02-02-2004, 04:29 PM
I've long thought that the squibb kick is the worst strategy in football, if not all pro sports. You intentionally give up 20-25 yards of field position for free.
Another kicking-related observation - what ever happened to angling a punt out of bounds near the 5 or 10 yard line?It's a lost art. Now everyone tries to pin it on the 2, and 9 times out of 10 it results in a touchback.

jstnrgrs
02-03-2004, 04:30 AM
I do agree that squib kicks are a bad idea, but let us not forget the last play of the first half of the first meating between the Patriots and the Colts this year. As I recall the anouncers were all over Indy for not squib kicking a ball that would eventually be run back by Bethal Johnson.

HajiShirazu
02-04-2004, 06:33 PM
You know, if you're going to kick it off in such a way that the opposition will always reach the ~35 or 40 anyway, why not just kick it out of bounds?