PDA

View Full Version : Very loose play at mid to higher limits also?

SA125
02-02-2004, 01:23 PM
I play in the $3-6 to $5-10 range and find it amazing how far the lines are extended by many players to define "loose". Calling 2 bets cold on the blind with Axo is almost a given. In a $4-8 game I saw two different players, one with 10-3s and the other 7-2s, call 2 bets cold on the blind. The first won with 2 pair and the second won flushed. They see-sawed all night with big swings. They either hit their hands or paid off to the river all night. My question - is this type of loose action also found at limits like $10-20, $15-30 and $20-40? Is it the same type of players who just have more disposable income, or is the play more solid? I can't see the long term success of always playing small cards or small pairs against big ones. At what limits does the solid show at the table?

trillig
02-04-2004, 09:56 AM
As you go up in limits the # of garbage players supposedly goes down exponentially.... if you find a place where it doesn't... stick with it...

So At 10/20 and higher, expect a lot more solid hands shown down a lot more often, I hope that answers your question, of course unraised blinds still could have anything, and CO/Button apparently raise the blinds if first in, at a VERY high percentage of the time.

But, yes there will be the occasional wack job at these levels throwing his or her $ away....

-t

mosch
02-05-2004, 03:02 AM
This really depends... a lot.

10/20s vary from being very tough games (especially if that's the largest the room spreads), to being pillow-soft tables populated by people who have a little more disposable income than the 5/10 fish. Anywhere you go though, as you go up in limits, the number of skilled players goes up dramatically, and their average level of skill does as well.