PDA

View Full Version : Party 3/6 6 handed.. Beware the ColdCaller....

Bogatog
02-02-2004, 05:23 AM
Party 3/6 game that has become 6 handed. It only recently became 6 handed, so most of my knowledge of my opponents is from a full game.

Players involved: CO is a little loose preflop, but havn't seen anything stupifying. SB seems pretty solid to me.

Anyway, I see J /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG.

Preflop: I raise, UTG+1 folds, CO CC's, button folds, SB 3-bets, BB CCs, I call, CO caps, all call.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, I bet, CO calls, SB raises, BB folds, I 3-bet, CO CCs, SB caps, all call.

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, I raise, CO CCs, SB calls.

River: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, I bet, CO raises, SB CCs, I 3-bet, CO caps, SB folds, I call.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-02-2004, 01:14 PM
Played fine. I don't think you would have posted this unless your JJ ran into KK, but that doesn't mean you should have pushed this hand any less.

Munga30
02-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Meh. If he has 22 or KK, good for him. You said he's loose but is he K2s/J2s for two cold preflop loose? If not, maybe you could have just called instead of three-betting his river raise. I would have to be very on top of my game to do that, though.

WalleyeJason
02-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Reading the title of your post I assume that the CO had KK.

I think you played it just right, I think there are a lot of players out there that would over play their hands with anything less than KK.

At Party, This is proably a winner most times.

WJ

Luke
02-02-2004, 01:41 PM
I think you played it fine.

Luke

themul56
02-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Unless I am reading this incorrectly the CO limp reraised. This would make me slightly suspicious of his hand, but I would have played it the same. The only real logical hand that he would have that would beat you is KK, and if you play scared of the only hand that could beat you, you will miss lots of bets. Overall I think you played it well.

sfer
02-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Does the CO slowplay a lot? He's calling the entire way until the river, so it looks like he has 2s full and put you on two pair. Or, maybe he has Aces (coldcall-reraise the flop) and thinks the 2s counterfeited two pairs he put you on. I just can't believe he has 22 with the coldcall-reraise or KK given how passive he was until the river.

I would have played your hand the same.

BugsBunny
02-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Slowplaying KK here would make sense. He has other bettors getting action for him, so he just goes for overcalls. Raising on the flop would give away his hand too early. He had a bet and raise in front of him on the turn. He called maybe hoping SB would reraise, or thinking that a reraise might drive SB out.

If he did have KK I think he pretty much extracted the max that he could from this pot.

Bogatog
02-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks for all the responses. As everyone has assumed by this point, my opponent had KK. I posted this mainly to see if I was being too aggressive. With all his CCing I really expected him to have a stubborn AA or maybe even AK... As soon as the hand was over, calling on the river seemed like a much better play so I posted it up. Thanks again all.

steveyz
02-02-2004, 09:05 PM
I'd say that this was brilliantly played on the part of your opponent. However, I wouldn't go so far to say that your re-raise on the river would always be wrong. If your opponent goes too far with his hands, then definitely 3-bet. I've seen plenty of people waiting until the river to raise with AA unimproved on a dangerous board so that's not out of the question, esp at Party 3/6

sfer
02-03-2004, 01:45 AM
Well Bugs, I guess you're right. And looking back, he certainly did leverage everyone else's aggressiveness to maximize the pot size.