PDA

View Full Version : A strange occurence happened today

Mike Gallo
02-01-2004, 10:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

I do not know if this post has any poker content however I found it to fit in the psychology forum.

I experienced the following phenomenon today at the poker table. It happened right before a no limit even at the Trop.

For those of you who have never played with me or do not know me, I carry a notebook to the table. I keep notes on many things hands ideas what have you.

Today during an entry in my journal I thought I heard the player to my right ask me about the journal. I picked my head up and I saw him looking right at me. I asked what he said,and he replied "I didnt say anthing. I was just wondering why you were writing." Again I asked if he said anything and again he said no. We made small talk for a while, however he busted out when his AA ran into AK suited.

I think perhaps sub consciencely I felt him staring at me and I internalized it as him speaking to me.

Anyone ever have a similiar experience?

Gahnia radula
02-02-2004, 12:03 AM
There was a similar post not long ago

"Serious question about ESP (I don't mean psychic or anything silly)".....( i dont know how to link posts)

Cris Brown gave a really good response, i think its what your looking for

bomblade
02-02-2004, 01:25 AM
I wouldn't be so sure he didn't actually say something to you, or to someone else, or just maybe to himself. I don't know if him just looking at you, you felt his eyes and could hear his thoughts. I occassionally bring a notepad. I use it mostly to write song lyrics. I'm asked a lot about what I use it for. I'm looked at very often. Being stared at isn't very comfortable. I do want to ask "What the F are you looking at?", even if they don't say anything to me.

Mikey
02-02-2004, 03:26 AM
The other day, I was home alone and I thought I heard someone call my name "MIKE" coming from the basement,

I yelled back and said, "WHAT??!!!??"

I yelled back again, then I went around the house and no one was home.

Weird huh??

Anadrol 50
02-02-2004, 02:37 PM
I believe that a similar event happened to me....

One time I was taking a dump. I heard the doorbell ring. Since I was home alone, I quickly exited the bathroom and headed for the front door. When I opened the door, there wasn't anyone there.

Mikey
02-02-2004, 11:13 PM
Was this before or after you wiped?

Anadrol 50
02-02-2004, 11:24 PM
I forgot to bring my pad with me to the bathroom.....so I do not have a record of if I wiped or not......

Mikey
02-02-2004, 11:32 PM
just get ready for Sunday. Hold'em/Stud Forced Rotation

MRBAA
02-03-2004, 11:55 AM
Hey, where are you guys playing this rotation game? Is it in NYC?

Mikey
02-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Its pretty funny you ask. No its not in NYC but in North Jersey and it Rotates all the time. Private home game

The locations include:

Big Birdies
River Millers
River Rat Fran's
Al Pickles
Whistling Winner's
Terry Birds

and

Ace Anything's.

Anadrol 50
02-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Who is 'forcing' the rotation ?

Mikey
02-03-2004, 08:30 PM
No one if forcing it...I'm enforcing it.

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2004, 09:22 PM
yeah that happens to me to, usually when I am stoned /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bdk3clash
02-04-2004, 01:08 AM
Right here on the psychology forum, there's a 75+ post thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=478810&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) on ESP, related phenomena, quantum consciousness, and just about every subject under the sun.

At times it devolved into name-calling, but overall there's some really interesting stuff on there. Feel free to add your two cents (or more) to it.

It just might be the thread that never dies.

Mike Gallo
02-04-2004, 09:23 AM
yeah that happens to me to, usually when I am stoned

I forgot to metion that part huh /images/graemlins/blush.gif