PDA

View Full Version : QQ in the SB + short-stacked player

bdk3clash
02-01-2004, 03:08 PM
-UTG has loose raising standards, including AXo in EP.
-EP2 is loose and severely shorstacked. After his coldcall-cap, he has .75 SB left--in other words, if he's anything like most shortstacked Party players, he's very likely to bet on the flop
-MP1 is loose and passive

Comments on each street appreciated. Results later.

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
bdk3clash has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif and is SB

UTG raises, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, CO(poster) calls, Button folds, bdk3clash 3-bets, BB folds, UTG calls, EP2 caps, MP1 calls, CO(poster) calls, bdk3clash calls, UTG calls

Flop(22 SB): 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

bdk3clash checks, UTG checks, EP2 bets(all-in), MP1 calls, CO folds, bdk3clash raises, UTG calls, MP1 calls

Turn(14 BB): 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

bdk3clash bets, UTG calls, MP1 calls

River(17 BB): 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

bdk3clash bets, UTG calls, MP1 calls

turnipmonster
02-02-2004, 11:27 AM
I already know the results, so no fair, right?

you must get more respect than the pope to have them call you on the river like that. In the grand tradition of no one believing the short stacked player, I don't think he has to have much here.

I don't like your bet on the river, though*. with this flop, there are 3 likely things your opponents have are
1) a pair - either an overpair, or a 6
2) a flush draw
3) trips

despite the non-raising ways of your opponents, things aren't looking good on the turn. but nobody raised, so we're probably good, right? by the river, with 2 callers, things really aren't looking good. maybe someone has JJ? otherwise, I can't think of too many hands that they are calling you with that you can beat. 77? 88?

*then again, I am assuming a sane game, which I am sure the 2/4 PP game is not. in fact, I know it's not /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

--turnipmonster

spamuell
02-02-2004, 11:49 AM
by the river, with 2 callers, things really aren't looking good.

On a 2 pair board, many opponents will call down with just A-high.

Allan
02-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Ace high will call here a ton of the time thinking they are chopping with your AK.

Allan

lil'
02-02-2004, 03:21 PM
This is a good river bet. A scared 6 or flush might call you, but a lot of the time they'll call with an ace or worse pocket pair.

bdk3clash
02-04-2004, 01:15 AM
Checking the hands in PokerTracker after I import them never ceases to amaze me.

MP1 had 76o for the scared full house.
EP2 had A/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif for the rivered flush.
UTG had AJo.