PDA

View Full Version : i haven't been in this situation in awhile

bernie
02-01-2004, 05:08 AM
10-20 mucks

typical table. a little tight when there's a raise.

2 limpers to me in LP. i raise with KQo. hot asian gal next to me 3 bets, sb folds, BB caps, limpers call to me.

your play?

b

Stu Pidasso
02-01-2004, 05:18 AM
Fold

Stu

Bob T.
02-01-2004, 05:27 AM
Fold, use the money you saved to buy the asian gal a drink.

HajiShirazu
02-01-2004, 07:03 AM
It seems like there have been a lot of hot asian gals in the cardrooms lately, from reading these forums.

sfer
02-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Muck because the cap came from the BB. But tell the gal it was because of her 3-bet and get her number.

surfdoc
02-01-2004, 03:28 PM
I think you have just added a new abbreviation to the forum......HAG (hot asian gal).

And, I almost forgot, FOLD. Even though most HAGs are LAGs.

Luke
02-01-2004, 03:57 PM
9:1 odds are nice but I think your just too likely dominated in at least one spot. I'd fold.

Luke

slavic
02-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Yell "Let's Gambol!" and pop open a 2nd Red-Bull.

What was the BB like? You know late night at the muck gets a little Harry with some of the stuff that sees the flop for 4 bets.

Trix
02-01-2004, 04:04 PM
At first I didnt notice the BB capping, but I was still thinking at folding. But when I saw that BB capped I think it would be an easy.
So my question is: How many would fold this for 1 bet ?, I mean if BB had folded and limpers had called, would it chance anything if limpers folded too ?

bernie
02-01-2004, 04:49 PM
well, i folded. i knew i was beat bad in at least one spot with few outs. HAG had KK and BB had JJ.

a Q actually hit the flop and stayed the high card. during the hand im thanking myself for not getting into that mess and blowing a stack.

i've had to do this very rarely and i see it almost never. raising then folding to raises behind you. many will just call. on a LL table, when i did it, the table was loose, except for raises. something to watch for in loose games with tight raising standards. much like mucking AKo preflop to 3 and 4 bets.

the HAG had a guy sitting behind her. though she was deflecting comments from other players about her 'boyfriend' saying it was her brother. kinda close for siblings, i thought. oh, well. incest is best i guess.

funny note: different hand. one guy there, who thought he was the best of all time, made a runner FH with 87o from EP was bragging about it smuggly. the guy next to me looks at him and says, "it was mmmagic". one word described it perfectly. and the way he said it, god it was funny. this guy also had a great theatrical tell when he held the nuts/near nuts on the end. he'd look at the board, then his chips like he was thinking, stalling a little, then raise. it was the only time he went thru that motion. i havent seen a tell that vivid in quite awhile.

b

GuyOnTilt
02-01-2004, 04:50 PM
C'mon bernie. You know this is an easy muck. Don't even sweat it.

GoT

bernie
02-01-2004, 04:54 PM
id probably see the flop. however, this is one time where id consider folding preflop for 1 bet. but it is very dependent on the opponent and play of prior hands.

i was in a hand like that before.

i had KQo in EP, i raised, gal next to me 3 bets. she had pretty tight standards. all fold to me i called. then i check folded the flop when rags hit. she showed QQ.

in the posted hand, if it was only 1 bet to me, id have reluctantly called. then probably put in a little on the flop to see where i was. the HAG had position, so i couldve got away from the hand, but it wouldve cost me a bit to do it. one thing i wouldve looked for is how fast she would be raising me on the flop. then it's a choice between AA and KK.

b

bernie
02-01-2004, 04:57 PM
remember, i left a little earlier than you did. addict.

the BB was raising premiums. it wasnt like the guy that was on our 'gravy' table that night that you took full advantage of. while i got to sit and fold for hours while your chipstack gleefully grew. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif hahaha

b

bernie
02-01-2004, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even though most HAGs are LAGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont find this to be the case where i play.

b

rharless
02-01-2004, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even though most HAGs are LAGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont find this to be the case where i play.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

There aren't many HAGs in Seattle, so your sample size is probably too small.

bernie
02-01-2004, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There aren't many HAGs in Seattle, so your sample size is probably too small.

[/ QUOTE ]

might be true. or they just have better things to do than encouraging hemmorhoidal growth in a cardroom.

b

btw...speaking of ethnicity in the cardroom. on the main game the other night, one of the players pointed out that everyone on the table was white. even the dealer. no one had really noticed til he pointed it out. it was kind of funny. and rare.

slavic
02-01-2004, 05:25 PM
I've seen a lot of the online players jump up with the dramatic pause tell. "Oh I have a tough decision so I, err well, RAISE!!!!"

Trix
02-01-2004, 05:54 PM
You mean like this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=mediumholdem&Number=311216 &Forum=All_Forums&Words=Men%20the%20master&Match=U sername&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=31 1216&Search=true#Post311216) slavic ?