PDA

View Full Version : What to do on the turn

devinthedude
01-31-2004, 05:41 PM
Dude gets Q /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the CO. Folded to dude who raises. SB 3 bets, dude caps.

Flop 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. sb checks, bet, call

Turn 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif [5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. sb bets into me. should i lay it down right here?

balkii
01-31-2004, 08:27 PM
I'd call it down. It's certainly not the best board for your ladies...but its kind of strange him betting into you when that card hits. I see this as a bluff a lot. If he had a six why wouldnt he check-raise? And he might have the Ace but thats a rather peculiar way to play it.

So it looks like he's either bluffing or semi-bluffing, using the six as a scard card, OR maybe he has the six and wants to instigate a raising war, hoping you have big ace.

So if he has you beat or is pure-bluffing, call down is your best option. Raising is only good for when he is semi-bluffing. It looks like the former will be more prevalent, so I think calling is your best play.

Someone else might have a better answer.

Mike Gallo
01-31-2004, 09:28 PM
Dude,

Turn 6 5 A 6 sb bets into me. should i lay it down right here?

If he had an Ace or a 6 I think he would have check raised (provided he has this in his arsenal). I would raise here. If he reraises, then you have a tough decision. If he calls, then check behind him on the river if you get a free showdown.

Now against an opponent who plays straight forward and doesnt check raise. Call him, do not raise.

In future posts give some more info on your opponents. If you don't have a read, say no read or something to that effect.