PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Hands - HAND #4

Gomez22
01-31-2004, 04:55 PM
Empire .50/1.00 - Typical table

I'm in SB with 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG limps, folded around to CO (poster) who checks, button limps, I complete, BB checks.

FLOP(5 SB): A /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, BB(HUGE calling station) calls, UTG folds, CO folds, button folds

TURN(3.5 BB): 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, BB calls.

RIVER(5.5 BB): 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, BB checks. Anyone bet the river here, considering you just picked up 2nd pair (assuming BB DOESN'T have an ace) and could be on a flush draw as well?

Gomez22
01-31-2004, 05:09 PM
BB had K /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif and I felt slightly stupid for NOT betting the river, as I was given alot of signals that she didn't have the ace. At least she gave me some money here, but I think I lost a bet on the river....

Styles
01-31-2004, 06:15 PM
While you didn't hit your flush you did improve and it's like it was the best thing that could happen as now you beat the better flush draw which is likely here.

There's a similar scenario to this in "once it's heads up on 5th street" section. Something about if you think your opponent would call you with nothing "bet", if you think he would only call if you're beaten "check". I tend to screw this up alot too, but, I think you have to bet here.

thirddan
01-31-2004, 06:31 PM
I would check river here also, your super calling station could easily have a two and fear that you have an ace, and most likelly he will check behind you...