PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Hands - HAND #3

Gomez22
01-31-2004, 04:49 PM
True 1/2 - Table seems semi-loose PF, but plays tight-passive after the flop (now that I've been here for maybe 20 hands or so). For any who DON'T know.. True has $1 SB & BB at 1/2 limit... just so you don't think I called from the SB here.....

I'm in SB with 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 limps, folded to button, who limps, I check, BB checks.....

FLOP(4 SB): 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, BB calls, MP1 calls, button folds.

TURN(3.5 BB): J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, BB checks, MP1 checks.

RIVER(3.5 BB): J /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, BB folds, MP1 calls....

Thoughts here? Would you continue betting the turn in this situation? Usually I don't have a problem doing this, but for some reason, I checked it through. Seems a little weak to me for some reason.

Yeknom58
01-31-2004, 04:58 PM
Definitely bet the turn. You could easily still have the best hand and there is a possiblity that you could get a better 9 to fold.

Gomez22
01-31-2004, 05:02 PM
I agree now.. momentary lapse of weakness there...... trying to chnage my ways somewhat, but I still sometimes see some smallish monsters... I hate that [censored]!!!

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

'Mez

Gomez22
01-31-2004, 05:07 PM
MP1 had 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MHIG

Ric
01-31-2004, 08:34 PM
I like the way you played it. Betting the turn seems iffy since you're first to act, and I like the river bet, since no one showed that they have a J and the flush didn't come.

I almost replied with 'fold preflop' then I read the part about SB and BB being equal.