PDA

View Full Version : How to adjust to this structure?

slavic
01-31-2004, 02:58 PM
Live NL ring game blinds are 5/10 (rake $3)

You can buy in for a max of $100, and can only reload to the $100 buy-in. No bet can be for more than $500. Thus if you push in $500 on the flop that's it, you are all-in even if the money is deep.

The first thing I can think of is when you buy in you can protect no hand. Plus getting into a pot is likely to be costly with a good size hand, and doubling up will be important. So certain hands after limpers almost have to be an all in push because of the size of the blinds. (AK, AQ, ect..)

gavrilo
01-31-2004, 03:13 PM
this is just plain horrible

jakuda
01-31-2004, 03:32 PM
That is ridiculous. That's only a 10BB buyin. You're playing shortstacked everytime. So basically anytime you have some type of hand, you're going to be pushing all in and hope to double up.

Al_Capone_Junior
01-31-2004, 07:00 PM
The bottom line is those blinds are WAY too friggin high for that buy in. Not sure what else to tell you. Maybe just push all-in BTF with any big pair or AK every time cuz there's enough in blinds to make it worth the risk.

al

SpaceAce
01-31-2004, 07:07 PM
I would adjust to this structure by playing somewhere else. This is the crappiest no-limit structure I have ever heard of. I especially love the $500 limit in this no limit game.

SpaceAce

theBruiser500
02-01-2004, 02:16 AM
Just curious, could you give us some background information on this game?

danny

SpaceAce
02-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Me? I see my name in the "Re:" but I assume you mean slavic. I haven't played in the game he's talking about here but it sounds awful.

SpaceAce

tewall
02-01-2004, 03:22 PM
I agree with everyone else that the structure is horrible for NL, but if you know what you're doing and the others don't, it can still be profitable.

Whenever the stacks are small in relation to the blinds, the money goes in up front, and hands like top pair go way up in value, making big cards at a premium. It doesn't make sense to play for straights and flushes (unless that's incidental to your high card strength).

slavic
02-04-2004, 03:42 AM
someone asked for info on the game. Well it's pretty much the only NL ring game going in Seattle and the players line up to play it. It's easily the most popular thing going in this one card room.

I played in a supersoft 10/20 were people were waiting to get into the (BIG) NL game. I tripled my buy in over 8 hours and I doubt any of them made money in the NL game. I have to agree that I think the structure is terrible, and one of the dealers I was talking to said most of the better players agree with me, but people still keep comming in.

At $100 a pop I guess the card room is keeping the fish from being fleeced too bad.

SpaceAce
02-04-2004, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

At $100 a pop I guess the card room is keeping the fish from being fleeced too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they're fleecing everyone equally with those offensive blinds. I say stay in that soft $10/$20 you mentioned.

SpaceAce