PDA

View Full Version : check/call x3...can I play this any other way?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-31-2004, 01:16 PM
Party 2/4

First hand of the day, dealt K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the big blind. Folded to UTG+2 who openraises, MP coldcalls, SB calls, I call getting 7:1. Four to the flop for 4BB.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I check, UTG+2 bets, MP calls, SB calls, I call getting 11:1 on my gutshot draw. Four to the turn for 6BB.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I pick up my flush draw. SB checks, I consider betting out now but just check, UTG+2 bets, MP calls, SB folds, I call. Three to the river for 9BB.

River: K /images/graemlins/club.gif

If UTG+2 is holding AQ, AJ, AT, QQ, TT, 99, I have him beat. If he has AA, KK, JJ, AK, KQ, he has me beat. I check, UTG+2 bets, MP folds, I call.

Comments?

Alobar
01-31-2004, 02:46 PM
I dunno, I prolly play it the same way. Betting the turn would definatley be an option, but your still drawing, so it would suck to get raised, and that would also force the other 2 people out of the hand(maybe), and you'd like them there to hopefully pay you off if you hit. but if there is any chance they all fold, then I say do it. but I don't think in this case there is.