PDA

View Full Version : Tournament blind structure

Daann
01-31-2004, 10:06 AM
Hi all,

I'm running a small no limit freeze out tournament for between forty to sixty people. Problem is that we only have four hours to play in, due to venue constraints. Could anyone please help by giving me a blind structure for this situation?

Thanks,

Dan

Mike Haven
01-31-2004, 11:50 AM
with no limit it's almost impossible to foresee what is going to happen - everyone might play maniacally, or really tight, or receive good hands, or whatever

it might be best if the Tournament Director (you) is non-playing and keeps his finger on the pulse, when he can increase blinds (or not) as he feels is necessary, every 30 minutes or so

as long as this "Rule" (or any other) is announced pre-tourney, there can be no argument

good luck with it

(i was in a half-pot limit tourney last week where the TD announced that the first round would be over after one hour but before one and a half hours - at about one hour twenty minutes the betting went mad and my lead disappeared when a low chip man lost all his chips to the second man - so that was a system i don't like any more!)