PDA

View Full Version : zee to lucky chances

Ray Zee
01-31-2004, 05:44 AM
as of right now i am planning to go to the bay area monday and hang around l.c. for a week or two unless my plans fall apart. i will be glad to see any two plus twoers and will be ducking that pesky angelo character.

M2d
01-31-2004, 12:13 PM
are you bringing any rods down?

Zeno
01-31-2004, 01:49 PM
Take some of Tommy's money; I see you are already sowing some seeds (mid-stakes forum). Best of luck.

Do you guys fish for stripped bass using flys in the Bay area? I know very little about salt water flyfishing so had to ask.

-Zeno

Ray Zee
01-31-2004, 04:29 PM
i havent given it any thought yet. i dont think it will be a fishing trip. if i manage to go i will borrow a rod i hope. or just watch, thats is as much fun.

M2d
01-31-2004, 07:31 PM
I just picked up a ten wt. for jetty hopping for lings and things. a 7 or 8 should do well on the beach for perch. kinda like high stick nymphing in a huge river.

M2d
01-31-2004, 07:50 PM
Zeno,
from shore, striped bass are a late spring to late fall game on the flyrod (although I've heard some rumors about fish showing up already). also, there are the rogue loners that cruise the bay all year. we can also get halibut, flounder, perch and rockfish on the flyrod

Zeno
01-31-2004, 11:39 PM
Thanks, Md2.

I notice you mentioned lingers which I assume is ling cod and I know thats a good tasting fish right up there with halibut. I grew up and spent close to 36 years only 40 miles from the Pacific Ocean and I miss it greatly sometimes. You mentioned jetty hopping and it made me a little 'homesick'. Best of luck to your fishing - watch out for the waves.

-Zeno