PDA

View Full Version : Cap the river?

taxat
01-31-2004, 03:53 AM
PStars .50-1

I am on the button with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP3 calls, I raise, SB, BB and EP3 call

FLOP: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check to me and I bet, SB and BB call

TURN: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets, I call

RIVER: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets, I raise, SB three bets, I cap, SB calls

WIth aggression on the turn and river, do you back off?

Trix
01-31-2004, 04:03 AM
I would call the river 3bet, cuz I dont think anyone would 3Bet with a J-high flush or less. Did he show you AdXd ?

Mike Gallo
01-31-2004, 04:18 AM
I would have capped the river also.

If you lost to A 8 or 8 10, it happens.

Trix
01-31-2004, 04:23 AM
You really think a river cap will be good more than 50% of the time MG ?

Mike Gallo
01-31-2004, 04:25 AM
You really think a river cap will be good more than 50% of the time MG ?

Against non thinking opponents. Yes.

me454555
01-31-2004, 05:17 AM
I think Id just call the 3-bet. After your opponent finally shows aggression whent he ace hits, you can be pretty sure hes got an ace. After he 3bets teh river w/the flush draw on the board, Id be afraid of the nut flush.

taxat
01-31-2004, 05:17 AM
I think I would cap in this situation again. On the turn, I thought that she could be using the A as a scare card to bet into me. If she had AT, I probably would have heard about it on the flop with a somewhat coordinated board. In any event, two pair, esp. A8, is unlikely because she would have checkraised.

I still don't know what to make of her betting out on the turn. This girl was a fairly poor player, so I doubt she intended a fancy play, however, it did turn out to be one. She extracted more by betting out that she would have by raising the turn.

She showed TT.

Thank you for the analysis Trix and Michael.

Mike Gallo
01-31-2004, 12:05 PM
This girl was a fairly poor player, so I doubt she intended a fancy play, however, it did turn out to be one. She extracted more by betting out that she would have by raising the turn.

How do you know a woman sat in the chair? One of the reasons I do not like internet poker /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mike Gallo
01-31-2004, 12:09 PM
I think I would cap in this situation again.

I would have to agree. The paired board doesnt scare me especially since she provided no evidence that she didnt show too much aggression until the river.

I agree she backed into the correct play.

taxat
01-31-2004, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you know a woman sat in the chair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't KNOW that it was a girl, but the picture was a woman and a few of the (perhaps) guys at the table were hitting on her. The only thing I do KNOW is that the suitors have no taste.

Mike Gallo
01-31-2004, 04:33 PM
don't KNOW that it was a girl, but the picture was a woman and a few of the (perhaps) guys at the table were hitting on her. The only thing I do KNOW is that the suitors have no taste.

Gotcha.