PDA

View Full Version : QJo hand for review

Moozh
01-30-2004, 11:39 PM
Hi All,

I've been lurking around here for a while trying to pick up all I could before I got started. Well, last night I finally took the plunge and played a few rounds. In all, it went well, but here's a hand I don't like at all looking back on it. Suggestions?

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif and is EP1

UTG limps, Hero limps, EP2 limps, MP2 limps, MP3 limps, CO(poster) checks, Button limps, SB limps, BB checks

<font color="blue">(EP QJo and I put the money down. Probably my first mistake)</font>

Flop(9 SB): 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, EP2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero 3-bets, EP2 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, UTG calls

<font color="blue"> (I have top pair and no read on anyone (this is probably on my first orbit). I 3-bet to show I'm going to be an agressive player and to get information from the initial raiser. Bad idea? I figured that at this table, if I was sharing top pair, my kicker would have a good chance at winning.) </font>

Turn(16 BB): 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG checks, Hero bets, CO calls, Button folds, UTG calls

<font color="blue">(Not much to say here...) </font>

River(20 BB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG bets, Hero calls, CO calls

<font color="blue">(Take a guess what UTG had.)</font>

Results (in white): <font color="white">UTG has Ks 3h for high 2 pair. CO had Qs 9c. Both had me beat.</font>

Gomez22
01-30-2004, 11:56 PM
OK... At a table this loose/passive (fromthe action inthis hand only) I'd make this call, also. Not on ANY table mind you, but this one looks loose enough to be OK on.

Nice flop bet, and nice 3-bet to thin the field and improve your chances of winning the hand.

I think the river call is good considering the size of the pot, and without looking, I'm guessing UTG had something like K9o, making his 2 pair good.

george w of poker
01-31-2004, 01:17 AM
muck this preflop with a fury

bunky9590
01-31-2004, 01:30 AM
Ep this is a turbo muck.

Moozh
01-31-2004, 03:10 AM
Yes, the best move probably would have been to throw it away. The only reason I didn't was because it was such a loose table. I knew I could bank on a lot of callers if I had hit an unlikely straight or two pair. Looking back, it's a lesson learned the hard way.

bunky9590
01-31-2004, 08:07 AM
you can play it in a loose game if it is suited.

Thunda
01-31-2004, 08:11 PM
Yeah agree with the majority of posts here .. QJo is ugly in EP especially at loose/passive tables when everyone and there dog will play Ax and Kx.

Even if the flop comes Q or J high most players will still fish to the river with there raggy Ace and King and they tend to land more often than not /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Auto-fold.