View Full Version : poorly played 6-12 hand

11-16-2001, 07:03 PM
i have AKo in early positoin in a loose 6-12 9 handed game. there are some very bad players in this game as well as some decent players.

i raise, 3 people cold call, the sb calls, the bb calls.

the flop is AT6 rainbow. bb bets, i raise, all fold to sb who calls, bb reraises. i call, sb calls. im, at this point worried that im up against two pair. the bb is a decent player who would not be reraising here with anything by AK, maybe AQ (doubtful) and probably 66 or two pair.

the turn is another T. bb checks, i bet, sb calls, and now BB checkraises. why didnt i fold here? why did i bet here, and then not fold?

i waste two big bets and call him down.

11-19-2001, 01:04 AM
With a rainbow flop, he obviously is not raising on a flush draw and given the texture of the flop, he can't be raising an open ended straight. When he check-raised the flop with an A on board kowing that you would bet after a preflop raise, you can safely assume that he has flopped a set or 2 pair and when the board paired the middle card and he checked to you again, he turned his good hand into a monster. Betting after he checked was the worst thing you could done and should have folded to his reraise.

Even if he only did have a ten, his check-raise was probably to see if you had flopped trip aces and since you didn't reraise the flop, he probably put you on the exact hand that you had.