PDA

View Full Version : AJs

Trix
01-30-2004, 10:19 PM
Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif and is MP2

EP2 limps, MP1 limps, Hero raises,2 Posters fold, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, EP2 calls, MP1 calls

Flop(9 SB): K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

EP2 bets, MP1 calls, Hero raises, EP2 calls, MP1 calls

Turn(7.5 BB): A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

EP2 bets, MP1 calls, Hero raises, EP2 calls, MP1 calls

River(13.5 BB): 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

EP2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, EP2 calls, MP1 calls

Gomez22
01-30-2004, 10:31 PM
I like the PF raise here, but I'm not too sure about the flop raise.... I think I call the flop here, as you have essentially 9 outs (3 aces, 4 tens, and 2 for the runner nut flush), and only 6 of those outs (the tens and runners) are clean at this point. The problem with the ace coming on the turn is that it's quite easy to make you a 2nd best or 3rd best hand, completing a possible broadway straight here. I don't think the turn raise will get a better hand to fold, but it DOES give you control of the hand on the river.

What would be your play on the river if you had been check-raised?

Trix
01-30-2004, 10:38 PM
I would have folded. I think the flop raise is good since this might give me a freebie on the turn, its the Turn and river I´m not sure about.

Gomez22
01-30-2004, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded. I think the flop raise is good since this might give me a freebie on the turn, its the Turn and river I´m not sure about.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, you didn't get the freebie on the turn and you still raised. I'm not saying that's the worst play in the world, but if what you wanted was the free card, why raise the turn when it's bet and called to you? I would tend to think a better play would have been to call the turn, in that case, and call the river.