PDA

View Full Version : Out of hand suited kind of connected late limps.. Party 30-60/15-30

Ulysses
01-30-2004, 08:47 PM
So, I've read a few threads over the past few months where people overlimp w/ stuff like 86s in late position, hands that in the past I would just dump. Lately I've been opening up my play a little bit in late position and doing a bit of that stuff myself. I was tilting a little last night and got a little carried away with it. Please let me know what you think of these two hands, both the preflop decision and everything after.

Hand 1

10-handed Party 30/60

OK EP calls. Aggressive MP calls. Passive MP calls. CO calls. I think this is the first time in 2 hours that nobody has raised. I'm on button w/ 3h6h and they look pretty, so I call. Terrible calling station SB calls. BB checks.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 7s, 5h, Th ]

SB bets. BB folds. EP calls. MP raises. CO calls. I 3-bet. SB calls. EP folds. MP 4-bets. CO calls. I call.

** Dealing Turn ** : [ 4d ]

SB checks. MP bets. CO folds. I raise. SB folds. MP 3-bets. I cap it.

** Dealing River ** : [ Qh ]

He checks, I bet, he calls.

He had 55 for the flopped set and my hand was good. I decided that I was really on tilt and left the game. But not before jumping into a 15-30.

Hand 2

10-handed Party 15-30

EP calls. MP calls. Nothing special about these guys. I call in CO w/ Ts8s. Button calls. Blinds call.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 5d, 7c, 9c ]

MP bets. I call. Button raises. MP calls. I call.

** Dealing Turn ** : [ Qs ]

Checked to button who bets. MP calls. I call.

** Dealing River ** : [ Jh ]

Checked to button who bets. MP calls. I checkraise and hope he didn't have KcTc. He thinks for a long, long time and calls. MP folds.

He had 77 for the flopped set and my hand was good.

I didn't think this was so terrible, but decided I was probably still on tilt and called it a night.

mike l.
01-30-2004, 09:01 PM
"I decided that I was really on tilt and left the game."

damn if being on tilt for you means winning a big pot and then deciding you are tilted and then leaving the table then give me some of that tilt cause the kind i got has me playing until there's nothing left or ive doubled through the entire table.

jen
01-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Hand 1: Pre-flop, I like to save 36s calls for NL games. Post-flop, I think the play was fine.

Hand 2: Pre-flop, a little loose. Post-flop, I might have bet out on the river since two overcards to the board came.

shemp
01-30-2004, 09:11 PM

andyfox
01-30-2004, 10:52 PM
"I'm on button w/ 3h6h . . ."

You know a hand can't be any good in your own mind when you indicate the lower value card first. But you made up for the decision in spades by deciding to leave the game. Good work.

"I call in CO w/ Ts8s. Button calls."

-I am morally and philosophically opposed to calling in the cut-off because usually when I do it the "Button calls." For one small bet, raise that sucker out. And if I'm not comfortable doing that with ten high, I wait for the next hand. Otherwise, what usually happens is "MP bets. I call. Button raises."

Anyway, when you're tilting it's best to make straights against opponents' unimproved sets. Nicely done river check-raise on the 2nd hand. When they raise the flop and then bet the turn, even when that turn card is an overcard to the top card of the flop, they'll usually also bet the river when it's an undercard to the turn card.