PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Lion-O
01-30-2004, 08:33 PM

Pitcher
01-30-2004, 11:11 PM
I hate to say this, but I don't like this strategy at all in the Party Poker 30's and below ($800 chips to start). I prefer playing only premium hands until 2-3 players are out, then becoming very aggressive. Of course, if good hands come during that time, all the better. Aggression when between 5-8 players left determines where I finish. I don't mind playing from a short stack and don't need to be in a position to bully. Believe me, I will bully like crazy, but it is not essential to winning to bully during this period. Relax, wait for solid opportunities (use the time to watch how the other players play, you can usually learn something about their tendencies) and make your opponents pay big when you have the advantage.

Pitcher

CrisBrown
01-30-2004, 11:52 PM
Hi Lion-O,

[ QUOTE ]
My only one I use is to raise about 3 or 4x the Big blind in late position after a 2 or 3 limpers w/small suited connecters like 5,6 suited. That way if low cards come and I hit it I got the deception to bust somebody, and if high cards come and they check to me, I can still bluff at the pot and try to steal it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a net chip- and money-loser over the long run, especially against competent players who pay any kind of attention. And if you move up in stakes, you're going to run into more and more of those players. They'll limp-reraise you with monster hands that will have you bleeding chips on trash steals, check-raise you on monster flops ... and if that weren't enough, you've run off the callers you need to build implied odds on a drawing hand.

But if it works for you, what do I know? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cris