PDA

View Full Version : California maniacism (no analysis necessary here)

haakee
01-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Loose-aggro 20-40 game. There were two maniacs who came
in and out of my game. One of them made for a very entertaining hand. We'll call this guy CVMF for Crazy Vietnamese Mo Fo (also acceptable is LaLaLaLaMan because he says, "La La La La" every time he bets, raises, or scoops a pot).

CVMF open-raises. If it's folded to him he always does this. He may or may not have looked at his cards. Loose dude cold-calls he'll do this against this guy with an ace or vaguely connected suited cards. I fold in the small blind with Ks3s. Big blind calls.

Before the flop comes CVMF bets blind. Dealer pushes it back pointing at big blind's one remaining chip. Flop: Js9s7s. Oy. BB checks. CVMF bets. Loose dude calls. BB calls all in for 1 chip.

Before the turn card comes, CVMF bets blind. It's a 5h. Loose dude raises. CVMF 3-bets. Loose dude 4-bets. CVMF 5-bets. Loose dude pushes two stacks towards the pot. CVMF says, "What is that, what's he doing?" Loose dude goes, "I bet $200, you want to gamble, let's gamble!!!". Dealer says, "He raises, sir." CVMF just calls the 6-bet and loose dude takes $120 back.

River: blank. CVMF instamucks (QTo with the Q of spades? maybe I give him too much credit). Loose dude shows 99 for a set and takes it down. He was willing to go several more bets on the turn too.

Ulysses
01-30-2004, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I bet $200, you want to gamble, let's gamble!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad story. If he were really a CVMF, $200 would be in the middle instantly, regardless of his cards. I have never seen a CVMF refuse to accept a "Let's gamble" challenge if they have any kind of hand or draw.

haakee
01-30-2004, 08:05 PM
Well, he obviously didn't have a pair. Not sure whether he even had legitimate a draw or not. Unfortunately he left shortly after. It was quite a jolt to the system to come back and play 20-40 here after playing 30-60 at the Bellagio.