PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? Limited Bankroll!

highscty
01-30-2004, 06:52 PM
I have $50 dollars on my party poker account and I would like to make the most of it. The simple solution would be to deposit some cash for a decent bankroll but I'm poor and cheap so that isn't an option. Where should I start?!?

I am decent at hold'em, omaha8 and stud8. For some reason I just can't consistently beat the real money tables at hold'em. I'm pretty sure because I have such a big ego that I assume I can outplay everyone and bluff away my bankroll. That should be easy to fix but needless to say, I'm not confident in my hold'em ring game skills atm. I do have a winning record at low buy in hold'em SnG's over a decent period of time. Clearly my ( over) aggresion seems to pay off in tournaments but destroys me in cash games.

Although I just recently learned omaha8 I believe that I play it very well. I have read Mike Cap's book, and have the common sense not to try his double promo raise, super big bluff plays at the low limits. I play omaha8 very tight, and think that If I just play super rocklike I should be able to build up my bankroll.

Like omaha8, I am relatively inexperienced at stud8 but understand that there is less varience at these games than hold'em and omaha hi and so I'm considering them, at least to start to build a bankroll. I am planning on pretty much playing super tight and grinding out a bankroll.

I plan to start at the .50/1 tables and when theres no good games open check out the sng tourneys.

Sorry for waisting five minutes of your life /images/graemlins/smile.gif If you have any advice on where you would reccomend me playing, it would be very helpful. Is there more or less variance in Sng tourneys ( for all three?)

Obviously the answer depends on the players skills but I think I've just outlined my poker abilities fairly well ( and honestly hopefully.) So many choices!