PDA

View Full Version : QQ EP1 hand

Lori
01-30-2004, 06:44 PM
This might be the first ever hand I've actually posted for review (as opposed to show off or make a point)

Being a NL tourney player at heart, I sometimes get a little passive, certainly when 3-tabling for more than 90 minutes I drift into a mode where I discover I'm forgetting to raise with strong LHE hands.

This one however was not in that bracket, I was 2-tabling and aware of what I was doing.

Okay, enough already, the hand.

Party 2/4, but it isn't a typical Party table, in fact it's so tight that I would have moved had the lobby not made things so awkward for me.
When I say tight, I mean tight, hands are folded to the big blind at least once per orbit and there are very few pots with more than 3 players.
It is not however very aggressive, and post-flop play is passive and poor.

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
lorinda has Qc, Qs and is EP1

lorinda raises, MP2 3-bets, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, lorinda calls

Flop(10 1/2 SB): 4h, 6s, Td

lorinda bets, MP2 raises, MP3 calls, lorinda calls

My whole plan here is to bet, although I'd often check-raise this, because I want to know if MP2 fancies his hand or not.

Turn(8 1/4 BB): 8d

lorinda checks, MP2 bets, MP3 calls, lorinda calls

River(11 1/4 BB): 9d

lorinda checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks

Thanks for any feedback.

Lori

JTG51
01-30-2004, 06:55 PM
My whole plan here is to bet, although I'd often check-raise this, because I want to know if MP2 fancies his hand or not.

Betting the flop is better than check raising here because you'd like MP2 to raise and knock MP3 out. Had there been a player between you and the preflop 3-bettor I'd favor (or should I say favour when replying to you?) a check raise.

So many players raise the flop with AK after they 3-bet preflop and miss that I'd put in one more raise before I went into call down mode.

Joe Tall
01-30-2004, 08:07 PM
Hi Lori!

I cap preflop.

You've got a 3-bet on the flop and I believe by not 3-betting, you missed another bet on the river.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Lori
01-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Thanks guys.

As soon as I got 3-bet on this particular table, I wanted to work out how to maximise the amount of information I could get about where I stood as cheaply as possible.

For this reason I am against the cap preflop.

When I looked at the hand afterwards, I had an overwhelming feeling that _somewhere_ I should have made an extra bet, but couldn't find the slot.

I am now utterly convinced, thanks to the replies, that I should have 3-bet the flop, as this is cheap and also useful.
As it turns out, I have no clue how things would have turned out from that point on.

The hand is easier to analyse without the results, and unfortunately I know the results, which is why I felt the need to post it.
If you don't want your head all confused whilst looking at the hand, look away now.

MP2 had QQ
MP3 had KK

Edit: Incidentally, one of the things that tipped me off that I played badly somewhere was the overwhelming feeling of "I've won this, why didn't I bet" as it was checked.

Both previous posts explaining where I missed out on this river bet should be re-read by anyone interested. The fact this 'missed bet' lost is not relevant.

Lori

Nottom
01-31-2004, 01:19 AM
I always struggle with QQ when I get 3 bet with another player hanging around. I think I would have likely played it the same way as you did here, I certainly would have expected the pot to be shipped my way when the river got checked through and although the KK wouldn't be a huge surprise, the other QQ would have been a total shocker.

AJo Go All In
01-31-2004, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
post-flop play is passive and poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i can see that.

3-bet the flop and lead the turn and river.

slavic
01-31-2004, 03:08 AM
Lori - go run out and get you one of them tackling dummies. Then lock yourself in your room, post the name of someone you hate on it, and just beat the living *&$% out of the thing. I mean whup it like it's got it comming.

All right now channel that into some nice QQ aggression. Jam the flop and slow down if the turn gets capped after you lead the turn. That is all.

have a nice day.